Monday, June 5, 2023

the latest cakes

Here are the last two cakes that I did at work. Both were for retirements

I couldn't read the writing on the order for this first one. I asked the girl who took it if the name was supposed to be Connie or Lonnie. She couldn't remember. I called the number on the order but the girl who answered the phone said the person I was looking for wasn't there  yet. She asked if she could help me. I said well you aren't either Connie or Lonnie are you? She laughed because she knew what I was calling about and told me the name was Lonnie.

This was another one that I had to call to get clarification on. I only had the last name of Poter on the order. I explained that to the woman who answered the phone and she said well the name is Porter but she was the one who ordered the cake. The order said the writing on the cake was supposed to say "NWE will miss three, Happy Retirement" I told her I didn't think that sounded quite right and said it's not. It should read we will miss you three. 

It's hard to do a cake when this is the kind of information I'm given on orders but it happens far too often. No one seems to care though because they aren't the ones that have to try and figure it out and make the cake.

15 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

That's too bad they don't take the time to make sure it's correct. Good for you for caring.

Ginny Hartzler said...

My favorite is the first beautiful pastel one. Could you tell your co-workers to please get certain info when they take orders?

MadSnapper said...

I am ROFL at Ginny's suggestion you tell your co workers to get the info. If you have to tell them that, they will not do it, common sense that they should write clearly and even spell if someone is going to write what they say/write. now if we only new what common sense is these days

Donna said...

Your writing is beautiful!
Who is taking the orders? Think I'd have a little chat! lol
hugs
Donna

Rose said...

I was just thinking your writing on the cakes is a whole lot better than my actual writing. Both cakes are beautiful.

Lori said...

They are both very pretty but I really like the addition of the sprinkles on the first cake. So pretty. It's frustrating trying to do your job when others around you are constantly dropping the ball. I am all too familiar. Have a great Monday!!

Boud said...

Thank you for taking the trouble to make sure of the wording instead of literally doing what it probably says! Your work is lovely.

Lin said...

What happened to actually THINKING about what you are doing while you are doing it? Nobody thinks anymore...they are like robots. Drives me crazy. I can only imagine the deciphering that you have to do in order to make these cakes correctly. You do such nice work, Ann!

Sandee said...

So beautiful and I had a slice of each.

Have a fabulous day off, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Liz Hinds said...

That must be a real pain. Lovely cakes though.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That's a shame when the order isn't written down in detail for you. Glad you were able to get the calls and work that out. The cakes look very nice.

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

that's a nuisance that those who take the orders - don't check with the customer "is this what you want" ... especially when "cakes" aren't your sole job

happyone said...

All your cakes are beautiful.
How frustrating that the order is not taken down clearly!!!

Jeanette said...

That must be frustrating! Glad you were able to get the orders right!

DeniseinVA said...

That would be challenging but I would say you are up to the task and these are great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails