Friday, June 23, 2023

Not a lot of notice

I had a customer come in at 9:00 in the morning. She wanted to order a cake for the next day at 8:00 a.m.. I told her that if it wasn't too involved I would be able to do it but I had to fit it into that day because I wouldn't have time in the morning to get it finished. She told me that she was taking it to the senior center because they had encouraged her to start walking. She said to me "tomorrow I do that darn hill". This is the cake that I did for her.



She was very happy when she picked it up and before she left I told her good luck with that hill. Her response was "oh my that darn hill". I told her you can do it and my coworker in the deli said we have confidence in you. She walked away with a smile

12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The cake is lovely. I hope you find out how the hill went!

Ginny Hartzler said...

But I guess you rarely hear from your customers afterward.

CheerfulMonk said...

Good for her! What a sweet story. ❤️

MadSnapper said...

I like it and the story. Bob's cardio doc says walking is the best of all excercise. He told Bob I don't care if you swim every day, you need to WALK... maybe she will come back abou the hill. no hills here, we would have to find steps

Lori said...

What a great story and the cake is very pretty.

Donna said...

The cake is lovely but your words of encouragement were everything!
So sweet...
hugs
Donna

Rose said...

It sounds like she appreciated the cake as well.as the encouragement.

Jeanette said...

That was nice! I bet your encouragement made her day!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That's a sweet story and I love the cake.

happyone said...

What a beautiful cake and wonderful words of encouragement!!!

Lin said...

Aw, that is such a cute cake! I hope she made it up the hill.:)

DeniseinVA said...

Encouragement and a beautiful cake. I know she must have appreciated both.

Related Posts with Thumbnails