Wednesday, June 14, 2023

While I was out

Monday June 5th I had an eye appointment. The same thing that happened to my left eye last year on Memorial Day weekend, happened to my right eye this year on Memorial Day weekend. I had an appointment scheduled for July 14th but called to see if I could get in sooner to have my right eye looked at. Sure enough he said it was the same thing just not as bad. The eye pressure wasn't as high and the inflammation wasn't as bad as it was last year. Anyway while I was out I decided to stop and treat myself to lunch at Arby's

While I was sitting there eating my lunch I noticed that I wasn't the only old lady sitting there alone playing on my phone.


She was doing exactly the same thing that I was.

11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

But wait! I can't remember what happened to your other eye last year! What was it, and how did they help it? What will they do about this eye now? Is it painful, can you see well?

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm sorry about the eye, but good for you for treating yourself to lunch. ❤️

MadSnapper said...

this is really odd that the same eye infection came both times on Memorial day... hope its better today.. I have never eaten in a resturant alone. I am trying to think if I have even gone through a drive through just for me. I don't remember if I did do it. wait I have eaten in the food court at the mall alone at lunch time, so i guess that counts.

Rose said...

Maybe your eye wasnt as bad as last year because you got in sooner to see someone...I bet you are hoping this is the last time for that.

I am going to eat out by myself one of these days, too..and my phone will be my companion.

Donna said...

Hey! If it's fried chicken with sweet pickles, get outta' my way, Sister! I'll eat alone all day long! Lolol
Getting old isn't too bad...Glad the eye wasn't as bad as the other!!
hugs
Donna

Lori said...

Glad to hear you were able to get in to the eye doctor and start the healing process. Hope you're feeling better. I haven't had Arby's in years and it sounds good. Glad you treated yourself. Little things like that make a big difference in our lives.

Sandee said...

Sorry you're having issues with your other eye, but at least it's not as bad as the other eye.

Yep, we old folks do the same things. It's a good thing.

Love your lunch.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

happyone said...

Sorry to hear about your eye but glad it is not as bad at the other eye last year.

DeniseinVA said...

I am hoping the healing is shorter too. A nice treat, I could so go for one of those right now. Now say after me 100 times, “I am not an old lady, I am not an old lady!” LOL! 😊

Liz Hinds said...

Is it something about Memorial Day that does it?!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

In some ways I think it is nice to have the phone to be on when you are eating by yourself. Glad you treated yourself.

Related Posts with Thumbnails