Saturday, June 24, 2023

This one was a challenge

I'm posting another cake today. This one was quite the challenge. The customer who ordered it was a bit of a pain in the butt to say the least. She had asked questions on the store's Facebook page and then sent me numerous text messages after I had sent her a couple of sample pictures. She finally sent me a picture of what she wanted her cake to look like. This is the picture that she sent.


Then she sent me a second picture. Same design but this one had both of the schools that she wanted included on her cake.


Because of the conversations I had had with her and the amount of stuff she wanted on this cake I was seriously stressing over it. When I finished the cake I was happy that she wasn't supposed to pick it up until 5:00 and I would be long gone. Here is my cake.



She ended up calling early to find out if the cake was done and wanted to come in and get it earlier than ordered. My initial reaction was oh great she's probably going to complain. It was a pleasant surprise when she was extremely friendly, and loved the cake. I carried it up to the register for her and then out to her car and I even got a $5 tip.

11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

WOW WOW WOW!! No wonder she was so pleased, this looks exactly like the photos!! And such straight lines and perfect piping. You really outdid yourself on this one. In fact, I think it looks better and more professional than the photos she showed you.

CheerfulMonk said...

You did a great job! I'm glad, but not surprised, she was pleased, but I wish it hadn't been so stressful for you.

MadSnapper said...

I never until I met you knew it could be stressful working in a bakery, i would have stressed to the max. Yours is much better than her sample cake. you even got the color right. I know the graduate loved it

Donna said...

Girl! Open your own bakery!!!
You did a Beautiful job of it!! Your handwriting is SO pretty! And your cake beats those photos, hands Down...
Well Done! And I'm so glad she was appreciative...
hugs
Donna

Lori said...

That is a really cool idea for a graduation cake and you did a fabulous job!! Sorry it was stressful but I'm sure it feels good that she was so pleased.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That is gorgeous and DOES look difficult with so many details. I know she was thrilled! WOW! You did GREAT!

Rose said...

I think you did an excellent job...I am so.glad she appreciated your work.

Lin said...

WOW! Your version is AMAZING! You did it perfectly and that looked like it was a challenge. Good job, Ann!

DeniseinVA said...

You did an amazing job on the cake. I don’t know how you do it. Glad to read the lady was appreciative. I should hope so! Anyone can tell how much work you put into it.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm so happy that she like the cake. I was so nervous for you while I was reading this.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

By the way, it came out great. Good job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails