Sunday, June 11, 2023

Water slide

You're probably thinking that I visited a water park and tried out the slide. And you may be wondering what was a woman my age thinking doing something like that. It just isn't true though. I tried out a water slide of a different kind. I purchased water slide decal paper. You print a picture on an inkjet printer. You then spray the picture with two or three coats of clear acrylic paint. After that you cut around the design put it in water for 30 seconds and then you can apply it to whatever you want it on. When it comes out of the water the backing paper slides off and it allows you to easily move the picture on your surface to get it in the right spot. 

I wanted some new plates for my plate rack in my kitchen. I printed these and and applied them to some Dollar Tree plain white plates.

Here are the individual plates.

15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have never heard of such a thing! These are totally cool plates, you chose the perfect designs! I love them.

MadSnapper said...

how cool is this? Had no idea this could be done. I like the always bring your own sunshine. I love the crystal hanging on the bottom. I like cut glass and things that look like cut glass that sparkle. you know like my nook stuff. the plates are the perfect way to brighten your kitchen

Donna said...

Another wonderful project!! Does it have to be printed on an inkjet printer? I only have lasers... :o(
The finished project is SO Pretty!!
hugs
Donna

Rose said...

They are wonderful...

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Carol said...

I have never heard of such a thing, but I will say you made beautiful plates. I will need to research this.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

They are all so beautiful! WOW! I love them and couldn't pick a favorite!

Lin said...

These are so bright, positive, and cheerful! LOVE them!

happyone said...

Wow love them. They are delightful. :)

CheerfulMonk said...

That’s my kind of water slide! They are so sweet.

Jeanette said...

That is very cool!

DeniseinVA said...

I have never heard of this technique before. These are great!

susan q said...

love the plates and sayings♥ thanks for sharing!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I had no idea that is how you do that. Sounds interesting. You know I love these plates and I love sunflowers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails