Sunday, September 10, 2023

I can do this.

 So this week I'm going to be feeling a little snarly and a lot tired. This is fair week and if you've been with me for a while you know how I feel about that. The baking isn't nearly as heavy as it used to be years ago but it's still a hectic week.

This year is a little different. The girl who normally works my days off is taking Saturday as a vacation day. That means I have to work. That means I miss the fair parade that goes right by my house. That means that I have to get up extra early and deal with the massive amounts of donut orders. People tend to like our donuts for watching the parade. I kind of knew that I would end up working Saturday but I figured he would give me another day off during the week. No such luck. I am working  6 days this week for a total of 46 hours. That doesn't sound like a lot of hours but being 61 years old and just worn out it's seems humongous to me.


I'm looking forward to tomorrow and I'll get extra rest to gear up for the week because there won't be another day off until the following Monday.


11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

They all take advantage of you!!! Most people nowadays don't seem to take pride in their work anymore, and do just enough to get by. But you care about the work you do. They don't realize what a treasure they have in you.

CheerfulMonk said...

I agree with Ginny! Please take care of yourself. ❤️

MadSnapper said...

oh noooooooooo so sorry... the son fell far from the tree in management skills for sure. I do agree with the cartoon, it was more fun knowing I had the next day off than the day.. I would watch the clock and think, 2 more hours and I am OFF tomorrow.

Rose said...

I think I would tell them next year I am not working that day..if nothing else plan to.take days off then...take the day before etc and let them know you have plans and wont be available. They wont find anyone else as dependable to do.the job.

Lori said...

Some weeks I have a hard time getting through 40 hours so I can relate. 46 is way too much. I would be more than snarky.

Donna said...

I'm sorry you'll have to work all those hours! Your "boss" doesn't seem to value you very much! No, he's certainly not like his father!
Rest well!
hugs
Donna

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sorry about your busy week and missing the parade going by your house. You take care. ((Hugs))

happyone said...

Sounds like too much work and they shouldn't even ask you to do it. Sure hope you are getting triple overtime pay or something!!!
I also agree with Ginny!!

My Tata's Cottage said...

It is awful how everyone older seems to have to work harder. My husband is always having to get to work early because some attorney working from home sends a print job his way! In 2020 he and his 16 co workers in office services worked the entire year without one incident of illness. Yet all the people working from home were constantly sick. But our grandson is a truck driver and he has the same problem. Someone always calling in or quitting and he is stuck with extra routes. This life is hard and there is no sign of it getting any better.
I hope you had restful days off and enjoyed it like Tom and Jerry you shared. Our favorite cartoon characters. Have blessed week.

DeniseinVA said...

Ugh, good luck Ann! I agree with your other blogging friends. They wouldn't know how to cope if you suddenly threw up your hands and said no way. You're the hub of the wheel that keeps everything running smoothly.

Lin said...

Oh, geez, Ann. I'm so sorry. Why does it always have to fall on the good employees to pick up the slack? I don't have any pearls of wisdom or positive encouragement...just plow through. Maybe call off sick a day the week after? It just stinks...plain and simple.

Related Posts with Thumbnails