Sunday, September 3, 2023

Weight

Over the years, my weight has been up and down and everywhere in between.  Currently I would say I am at an all time high. 

Somewhere around the 20th of August, for some unknown reason, I decided to step on the scale. I was horrified to discover that my weight was even more than I thought it was.


I decided I needed to make a change and although I've done this in the past, I'm going for it one more time. 

First change was to start taking a lunch to work with me. I'm sort of hit or miss with packing a lunch and if I don't I buy something at the store. My choices are not always good ones. So I purchased these divided containers and fill them with healthier choices. The first week it was turkey lunch meat (no bread), a few pickles, some cheese and either cottage cheese or some kind of veggie. I've been careful to keep things at serving size instead of just throwing things in the box.


After one week, I lost 3 pounds. I know it's a small amount, but it's a start and it got me a little bit motivated to keep going. I have totally stopped eating any sweets. For me sweets are like an addictive drug. I eat just one cookie and it leads to more and more. I find myself craving food even when I'm not hungry. Since I've started this I've noticed that I don't have my usual evening cravings. I just hope I can keep this up. This is definitely something I need not only for health reasons but for my own self esteem as well. I feel much better about myself when I'm at a healthy weight.

11 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

Good luck! Losing weight is always hard...good for you for trying to be healthy. ❤️

Ginny Hartzler said...

Three pounds in one week is really great!! It is NO small thing. Me too, I have gained at least 10 pounds over the last two months. It is past my bedtime now and I have just eaten two frozen yogurt bars and a half container of trail mix. I diet till I nearly starve every single day, or else I gain. But about once a week, I just can't take it anymore.

Rose said...

You sound like you have a lot of will power. I have not stepped on scales in a good while because iam afraid what I will see.

Lori said...

That is awesome you lost 3 pounds your first week. Great job. I too am hit or miss with taking lunch and I really need to get better about it. Hospital cafeteria food is horrible.

MadSnapper said...

Since Jan 2017 I weigh myself every morning before I drink my first cup of coffee, I get on the scales and I am up, I adjust my food for that day, that way I only get up 3 pounds or so. it lets me know I am eating wrong. It took a little over a year for me to lose 70 pounds and other that the up 3 down three I am still the same size. but I did give up sugar and never went back, for the same reasons as you do. Jackie had sugery last month and her surgery put her on a diet for two weeks before surgery. Her husband lost 8, she lost 5 in the two weeks. the sugeron is a vegetarian. it is nuts, seeds, beans, fruit, vegetables, he said don't eat anything that has a mother or eyes... I am doing modified and it is helping. I can't eat nuts but peanut butter, not the kind with sugar, just crushed peanuts and salt is good for the nut part.

DeniseinVA said...

We are on the same path and I am taking notes on what you are doing and other comments. I used to get upset if I lost only 1 lb., but someone once told me to pick up a 1 lb. of butter for a visual and said that’s how much you lost. 3 lbs. is great!

Jeanette said...

You're off to a good start! Keeping the motivation going always seems to be my problem!

Grace said...

Sugar is evil! It is my downfall as well and I don't have to consume much of it for it to make a big difference in my weight. The hell with counting carbs, I count sugar grams. (Yes, I know carbs break down into sugars but it seems sugar consumed as sugar does far more damage weight-wise.)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Way to go! That is a great start. I am watching what I eat because my cholesterol was just high.

happyone said...

Best of luck to you with the weight loss.

Ida said...

Good for you for making that choice. I seriously need to do the same. My problem is just like yours, I love anything sweet. I also need to start my walking again. I don't walk in the winter (due to it being cold) or in the summer (it's just 2 darn hot).

Related Posts with Thumbnails