Monday, October 16, 2023

Friday the 13th.

 Last Friday was a true Friday the 13th. I started off my day being behind and rushing to get donuts out before the store opened and finish an order that was due at 7a.m. Next, not even an hour into the day, the girl in the deli cut her finger on the slicer. It was bad enough that she had to leave to have it looked at. Somewhere around 10 the power went out for maybe 30 seconds then came back on. Just before noon we were told that the electric company was going to be shutting the power out in our store and surrounding businesses to work on the line. So that meant I lost 2 1/2 hours of work for the day. 

The one bright spot was coming home and finding two cards in my mailbox from Presley. I'll save those for another post though.

11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Good grief, a working Friday the 13th for sure! But how wonderful about Presley's cards! I can't wait to see them!

MadSnapper said...

did you close the store? if not, how did you check people out? did you go home? did you stay? what a perfect end to you day, cards from Presley. more than one it seems. can't wait to see them. Pen Pal Presley. love it

Sandee said...

How fitting for Friday the 13th.

I'm glad you had the cards though. Makes for a better day.

Have a fabulous day off, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Lori said...

Wow, sounds like you really had a Friday the 13th. Hopefully you got to come home early when the power was out.

Lin said...

Oh, criminy. What a pain to be at work and THEN they tell you to go home. Wish those things would happen the night before so you didn't have to go in at all. I'm so happy that you and Presley have found a fun way to connect! :)

Liz Hinds said...

I hope you got paid for the hours you couldn't work.

happyone said...

Oh my that wasn't a great day!!

CheerfulMonk said...

That really was bad luck! I hope the weekend went better. ❤️

DeniseinVA said...

Goodness, that is an unlucky day. But it turned around when you got Presley's cards. What a smile bringer :)

Ida said...

Sometimes we have days like that, interesting it was all on Friday the 13th though. That was my nieces birthday.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That was a really bad time at work for sure. Glad you received those two cards to brighten up your day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails