Thursday, July 16, 2026

Amazon purchases.

 I've done a little shopping on Amazon lately. Nothing big. Just little things to make my life easier. The first thing was a cane. Because of the hip pain I decided that a cane might be a good thing to have. I meant to get a picture but never did.

The cane came and it is a great help. Vanity has kept me from using it anywhere except for at home and work but last Saturday I did take it to Walmart with me to get from the car into the store where I could grab a cart. I did find out that the one I purchased was too tall for me. The ad said it was for 5'0" up to I think 5'9". Turns out it was about 3" too high for me. I purchased another one at Walmart that was the right height.

The other purchase was a little rechargeable desktop fan that I took to work with me.

It gets a little hot sometimes especially on really sunny days since I sit right next to the window. This little thing does a great job even at the very lowest setting. 

15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Really good purchases. I have a little desk fan, and they are wonderful!

Grace said...

Most canes are adjustable - I have one that is adjustable and foldable (not that I have ever folded it). Bought it from Amazon, works perfectly and I'm 5'3". It's called a HurryCane. Most people don't have their canes at the right height - I learned more than I needed to know about canes when Geo became disabled. We started with fancy wood canes that had to be custom cut to size and finally switched to the adjustable kind. I am also expert on the various types of "tips" for canes, oh yes there are many types of tips (or I suppose you could call them feet). We amassed quite a collection. until we found the one that worked best for him.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

Great Idea, I use a walking stick when I woke Beau

jabblog said...

The fan is such a good idea and makes all the difference to how you feel.
I know how you feel about using the cane. I'm trying to remember to use mine more, but feel like wearing a label to say that I haven't lost all my marbles just because I''m carrying a cane!

Linda G said...

I use a cane, mainly for balance issues. I should use it all the time, but I don’t for the same reasons as expressed by you.

Donna said...

Haven't had to use any assist yet...but with my crazy eyesight, I think I could use some of those old lady "feel the Earth" shoes...lol
I don't remember the name of them.
I have fans Everywhere...Love a breeze.
hugs
Donna

My Mind's Eye said...

I truly understand about the Cane...I applaud you for purchasing it
and using it. Way better than falling. We have one for 'just in case' down the road. It adjust
That fan is super duper cute
Hugs cecilia

DeniseinVA said...

Fans help a lot in this weather. Always a good thing to have around, especially in this heat. I use a cane too. It’s the kind that I can adjust to my height.

photowannabe said...

Glad you got a cane that fits you. I now mine is a real lifesaver, though I haven't used it in a while. I keep one in the car and one in our house. That way I am always prepared.
Love that cute little desk fan. Its perfect and not obtrusive to customers.
Hope your day is going well.
Sue

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Ann, you always find the most practical little things that make everyday life easier. I’m glad the cane is helping, even if the first one wasn’t quite the right height — and good for you for taking it into Walmart when you needed it. That little rechargeable fan sounds like a lifesaver on hot, sunny days by the window. Sometimes it’s the small purchases that make the biggest difference. My hip pain came after my very bad fall tripping over some tiles in my driveway - I went through a walker and then a cane. All good now. Hope your pain is better or you are able to do a replacement if needed. Hang in there, Ann

HappyK said...

I think you are smart to use the cane!! I just got a nice new water bottle today from Amazon. So convenient ordering things from there!!

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Nice purchases, Ann!

Liz Hinds said...

I could do with one of those fans right now!
And if the cane makes life less painful and easier then you're wise to use it.

Chatty Crone said...

Be sure and return the cane to Amazon - they are pretty good about that.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm glad the cane is helping. Sorry you had to buy another one. The fan sounds like a great idea.

Related Posts with Thumbnails