Friday, July 31, 2026

Then and now

 Last year my hydrangea didn't have nearly as many blooms as they have in past years. This was taken July 15, 2025


This year not one single bloom. Sorry about the blurry picture. It makes me sad that there aren't any flowers on them. The plants themselves are very healthy looking.

12 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Hopefully you will get the blooms soon Ann. They certainly are lovely.

Jeanette said...

I wonder why? My lilac got maybe half the blooms it usually gets this year!

Linda G said...

I wonder if the non flowering could be related to the winter weather we had this year and the hot summer days. Both weather situations were a bit extreme.

jabblog said...

Hydrangeas need water. Mine flowered earlier but now just have dried flower heads among the leaves. They will recover once they get some rain.

Liz Hinds said...

That is strange. Maybe next year they will be stunning!

Chatty Crone said...

Maybe they are missing a nutrient. Can you look it up?

My Mind's Eye said...

Oh pooh I know that is disappointing. Is there a critter eating the blooms?
Hugs cecilia

photowannabe said...

I think they maybe are a bit thirsty and also lacking some minerals. Look it up on "Good old Google"
They are such lovely plants and perfect for just growing on their own.
Sue

Ginny Hartzler said...

They were beautiful! Ours looks like yours this year. Really healthy, but it has NEVER bloomed!!

CheerfulMonk said...

That sounds strange. I wonder why?

MadSnapper n Beau said...

Ask AI... probably weather related. the bush is still beautiful. Mother would be really sad if hers did not bloom.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wow, I wonder why they haven't bloomed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails