Monday, February 11, 2013

Meet my other friends Monday

Welcome to this weeks addition of Meet my other friends Monday. The friends that are featured in this post appear in no particular order. I've started with bloggers who have visible email addresses. Once I work through those I will begin contacting others through the comment section of your blog. You could be next.

Today I want to introduce you to Lin from Duck and wheel with string. I know that a lot of you already know Lin because I see her comments on several of the blogs I follow but for those of you who haven't had the pleasure, Lin is someone you really want to know. I met Lin in my Entrecard dropping days. She never fails to make me laugh. She has a style and wit all her own and you just know that she would be someone really fun to hang out with. Aside from the humor, there is always tales of frogs, orange stripey goodness and a fun loving family that for the most part really plays well together. Now lets just turn it over to Lin.

(I tried to spread these pictures out but blogger says they all have to go right here)

1. How long have you been blogging and what made you start?

In February of 2008, I took a creative writing class. I always liked to write and that class rekindled that love. One of the projects we did was to start a class blog to get used to putting out work "out there" to get support....and criticism. I was addicted and decided to start my own blog in April 2008 for my own voice and stories.

2. What is one piece of advice that you would give to new bloggers?

Pick a name for your blog that you are willing to type 5000 times. "Duck and Wheel with String" is not easily typed, and while I love that wacky name, it's a bugger to keep typing out. And I think it's hard for people to remember the name of your blog when it's too long.

3. Do you have any hobbies or special talents?

Uh...true talents? I can say that I hand-quilt pretty well. I don't do that as much now that I'm on the computer more, but it's something I want to keep up. I have that fabric stash, you know.

Add to that, I love to swim laps at the health club and I have really, really nice penmanship. People ask me to print things for them all the time--which is weird.

Other "talents" include singing show tunes at the top of my lungs, tap dancing, and I'm incredibly talented at creating dioramas for homework projects. I am pretty good with raising the fish and frogs that inhabit the pond, plus I can create impressive mini drive-thru restaurants with Legos and can do doll hair like a dream. Yeah, my talents are never-ending I'd say.

4. Of course you love all the blogs you visit but share a link to one of those and tell us why we should check it out.

For pure insanity, I love The Bloggess, but for everyday simple joys, I'm going with Diane at
http://www.theblueridgegal.com. She's like me in that she finds humor and joy in everyday happenings and I think we both hate her neighbor's log man at the end of her driveway. I love her dogs too--they are always doing something silly and they make me laugh.

5. What is the one things that totally makes you crazy?

Holes in my sock. Or people who lie. Both just wear on me and I have no time for either.
6. Give one random thought.

When in doubt, sing loud.  

23 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Her blog is just adorable, and she has cats like me. I need to come back after a good night's sleep and visit her again!

Out on the prairie said...

Very nice ,i enjoyed it well.

Duni said...

Love the interview, Lin! And I love your blog...and Hobbes and Grace of course! I've been following your blog initially through Entrecard too. Ooh, I envy your nice penmanship :)
Thanks for featuring Lin here today, Ann!

Catherine said...

Lin always makes me laugh!
xo Catherine

jp@A Green Ridge said...

OMG". My SIL had a cat named Hobbs! And I just have to say how cute and adorable she is in that pic, Ann! Lin...nice to meet you!!

Anonymous said...

Love Lin...♡

Hootin Anni said...

I have never met Lin...but will go directly to her blog [not passing go or getting my $200 reward either]. Sounds like a fun lady. I always enjoy reading your bloggers' choices; they're great people. [Do you do fur baby bloggers as well?]

MadSnapper said...

one thing comes through loud and clear from her answers, she is a fun person with a great sense of humor.

Lin said...

Thanks, Ann, for featuring me as a friend today! :) I hope I don't scare anyone away with my singing.

Anonymous said...

She is da bomb and that's all there is to it... Hands down da bomb! Thanks for doing this interview with Lin. I learned a lot about her... especially the sock thing. LOL

Jackie said...

I love Lin and use to visit her when I had my old blog.

Thanks for choosing her. I needed to re-connect. I added her blog to my roll. Now I can keep up!

This is really nice Ann on Mondays! Happy day to you and Duke! :-)

Sandee said...

I love her random thought. She's right on the money.

Have a fabulous day Ann. My best to Duke. :)

Marie said...

sounds like a fun gal!

Remington said...

You have a fun friend there!

Marg said...

Great interview on Lin. She is hysterical. Lin, I have holes in my socks too. Good stuff.

BeadedTail said...

I love Lin and her kitties too! Great interview and now I want to see her penmanship!

Dee said...

fun and witty blogger...I will keep visiting her blog.

Helen said...

nice to meet Lin!

Small Town Mommy said...

I love Lin (and actually love singing show tunes too). Of course, Hobbes is my favorite.

Donna said...

She sounds like a corker! Thanks for the intro to Lin and her blog!

Reeni said...

It was great meeting Lin! I think I remember her from Entrecard.

Karen said...

Great idea, to interview bloggers! I feel like many of them have been my friends for years and this is icing on the cake.

Sharkbytes said...

Hooray for Lin!

Related Posts with Thumbnails