Monday, February 25, 2013

Meet my other friends Monday

Welcome to this weeks addition of Meet my other friends Monday. The friends that are featured in this post appear in no particular order. I've started with bloggers who have visible email addresses. Once I work through those I will begin contacting others through the comment section on your blog. You could be next

Today we'll be visiting with Catherine of Corner of Cat's Mind. Remember the song Oh Susannah? There was the line I come from Alabama with a banjo on my knee. Well when we visit with Catherine we'll be going to Saskatchewan and you just might get to have Banjo on your knee. Banjo is her lovely fur baby that she takes marvelous pictures of. Come to think of it she takes marvelous pictures of everything. She's also got a sense of humor and I find myself grinning from ear to ear when I read her posts.

So let's see what Catherine has for us


1. How long have you been blogging and what made you start?
  I started blogging in June of 2008. Mostly because I needed a venue to show my photos and let my creative juices flow. Especially since my family and friends seemed to be running away when I brought my photos out. "What do you mean you don't want to see more pictures of my cat???"

2.What is the one piece of advice you would give a new blogger?
  New bloggers...hmmm...yea...please don't use 'word verification'. It's almost impossible to read and is very frustrating to type in when you are using an ipad.

3.Do you have any hobbies or special talents?
 My current special talent is being able to do continuous rotations with a weighted Hula Hoop. :) I can spin it for over 30 minutes without dropping it. I can even do tricks with it! It's fantastic exercise and lots of fun!

4. Of course you love all the blogs you visit but share a link to one of those and tell us why we should check it out.
 One of my "MUST READS" is Goro & Niko. Reading the antics of these two kitties brings me such joy. How their human mom tells their stories just makes me laugh and laugh and laugh. Love them! http://gorogoronikoniko.blogspot.ca/

5. What is one thing that totally makes you crazy?
People who use their cell phone to text or talk while driving! GAAAAAK! Drives me insane!

6. Give one random thought
I wonder what Matt Damon is doing right now at this very moment....

31 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

She looks like such a FUN lady! I left a comment on her blog, and also on her favorite one, both such good blogs!!!

Catherine said...

Haha! Very fun Ann! I put a link from my blog to yours today. Wishing you and sweet Duke a wonderful week. Thanks my friend!
xo Catherine

MadSnapper said...

i love her blog and never miss a post on it. she has unbelievable photography skills and that goat pic above is one of my favorites...

Carolynn Anctil said...

Look at you galavanting around the blogosphere! You do take great pictures and you ARE funny. I feel so pleased that I get to hang out with you in person and have random, yet bizarre, conversations with strangers in coffee shops. *grin*

Your buddy,
Carolynn

Anonymous said...

Fun blog! Can't seem to put it in my reader so I put it on my blog roll...Thanks!

Susan said...

Catherine is such a nut! I love her, she always brightens my day!

Remington said...

Nice to meet your friend! She sounds like fun!

Anonymous said...

giggling at Matt Damon comment =)

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Golden Hello and Meow! LOVE LOVE her photography and her cat. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

TexWisGirl said...

love catherine. and banjo. and stanley. and... :)

Sandee said...

Great one, but I don't care what Matt is doing. Ever.

Have a terrific day. My best to Duke. :)

Rose Clearfield said...

Catherine's photos are beautiful. I love her random thought, too.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

What a wonderful idea. I follow Catherine's blog and I adore her photos! so nice to get to know her a little bit better..

and now of course I'm going to be wondering what Matt Damon is up to right now too - but seeing as it is the morning after the Oscars, I'm going to image he's still sleeping, or just waking up and having breakfast.. :)

Marie said...

I love Catherine! Now I am wondering what Matt is up to? LOL

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Catherine is one of my blog friends. She is the one who told me about David's Tea (which hubby and I BOTH love now)... I love her sense of humor. Just a neat, neat gal!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Lin said...

Oh, I LOVE Catherine...AND Banjo!! :) I'm VERY impressed with Catherine's talent--I can't do a hula hoop for the life of me.

I hear that Matt Damon LOVES women who hula hoop. ;)

Katy Noelle said...

You make me grin ear to ear over here, too! =D

I.DID.NOT.KNOW that you were so gifted with a hula hoop! Completely amazed!!!!

Love you, Cat!

Thank you, Ann for giving space to such a wonderful woman! =]

xo

Chatty Crone said...

I like her advice at word verification. I like Cat too - she is a blogmate of mine. sandie

BeadedTail said...

We love Catherine and Banjo! Who wouldn't want to see lots of photos of her kitty? Well, lucky for us she started a blog! Love her random thought too!

Tamago said...

I came over for Catherine's blog. We love her very much and what a great interview! I agree about word verification. It's so hard to verify!! And I'm so flattered that she mentioned my blog. Thank you Catherine :-)

Dee said...

another fun blogger to visit :)

Catherine said...

Bawhahahaha! Gosh...I sure hope Lin is right...
Maybe I should video myself hula hooping and get it on Youtube just in case.... hmmm.....
xo C

Reeni said...

3o minutes with a hula hoop? Oh my. I am definitely out of shape. So fun to meet Catherine! Her pictures are cute!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Catherine is not only a talented hula hooper and photographer, but she writes wonderful poems and blog posts.

I was so blessed to "meet" her when my cat passed away. She has been a great blog and email friend. :)

Saku said...

I came over from Catherine's blog...her photos are incredible and Banjo is almost the prettiest kitty in the world. (have to say that, my cats are listening!)

I really enjoyed the post and plan to visit again!

Helen said...

Nice meeting Catherine! I wanted to do hula hoop, too.

Naturegirl said...

Catherine is surely one who smiles through her written words! Love her photos and her spirit!
Nice to meet you!Came in by way of Catherines blog!

Unknown said...

I hopped on over from Catherine's blog.. I have to say I love her humor and her photos. And I got to meet her in real life. She is just as sweet in person as she is on her blog.

Now I am off to take a look at your blog..

Hugs~

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Fun blogger! I'm wondering about Matt Damon too. HA HA

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy Catherine's posts, and who wouldn't love Banjo!?

Petronela said...

Catherine is am amazing photographer, she can create magic with her camera :).

Related Posts with Thumbnails