Friday, February 26, 2010

White out


What do you see in the above image? Well that's pretty much what I was seeing this morning while driving. For those of you who don't get snow or very little, this is what it looks like when you are driving in a white out. There is no road in front of you just a wall of white. You have no idea what's in front of you, if you are in the right lane or even if you are still on the road. Well, chances are, if you have left the road, you probably would know that. I'm sure that the driver of the car that I spotted yesterday was well aware of the fact that he or she was no longer on the road. As a matter of fact, he or she, was no longer even sitting in the correct position. The car was on it's side, totally. That was yesterday, before the current storm had gotten into full swing. I picture young, inexperienced driver but I could be wrong. This morning I only spotted one car pulled over in a snow drift. I only said one bad word as the pick up flew by me kicking up snow and rendering me virtually blinded by the snow. I made it to work only 3 minutes late. I'm hibernating for the weekend.

12 comments:

Tanyia said...

Yea...and here I was bitching the sunny beautiful morning cause it was 32 degrees and I was pretty sure I was frozen.

Times like these that I remember how great Florida is! lol. You know...there are some damn good bakeries down here, you really should move!

BeadedTail said...

I'd rather see a little white dog than a white out!

Unknown said...

white outs are one of the scariest things to be out driving in. you don't know if something is stopped ahead of you or a big snow bank or if something is coming barreling behind you. i hate them. that happened to us a couple weekends ago when we went out of town. on the way home in about a 70 mile span there were 14 cars in the ditch with most of them on their sides! it sucked.

i'm with you on hibernating...hugz!

Buggys said...

The snow missed us this time, we only had the high winds and some flurries. Spring IS coming...sooner or later!

Cruise Addict said...

Just a quick hello Ann, before I hit the bed I wanted to stop by and let you know I was still alive :-), Will be back soon, Glenn

PS everyone has been getting blasted with snow and we have been so lucky and missed all the storms so far except one. Knock on wood.

J. M. P. said...

Hibernating will be a right choice for me too. We have rain and wind here :P. But it won't last, March is almost here! :)

allotments4you said...

I really don't envy you this weather Ann. I hope the driver of the other vehicle was ok and I hope you stay safe at home for the weekend.

Unknown said...

One of the things that I hated the most while driving a truck was when the snow appeared to be coming right at me. It was bad enough during the daytime, but it was much, much worse when it happened at night. For it would not take long before I became quite disorientated, and there were times when I could swear that the truck was either traveling backwards or had stopped altogether. By the way, have you talked to Duke about becoming a sled dog?

Jen said...

I have been in white outs before; they're awful! Sure hope the snow up there stops soon...either that, or it's time to build an igloo in your backyard for Duke's "man cave" :o)
I didn't make it by here yesterday, but I love the aquarium shots - awesome!

Donna said...

Maybe a WOODen baseball bat would have woke up that truck driver!!!
You be Safe Girl!!
hughugs

Anonymous said...

I remember those kinds of storms from when I lived in Vermont. Scary!

gayle said...

I would be scared to death to ride let alone drive in that!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails