When you make a dinner that requires a can of mushrooms and you purchase canned ones rather than fresh, what do you do with the can?
Well this is what I did with it.
First I covered it with some scrapbook paper then glued on some images of old seed catalog covers that I got from The Smithsonian Institution Libraries. I brushed on some mod podge, used a little stain to make it look old and then sprayed it with some clear acrylic sealer. I even let it dry in between each step.
This looked like it needed a flower growing in it but not having a green thumb I knew I wouldn't keep anything alive for very long. Fake works better for me. If you are going to have fake flowers you may as well have fake dirt too. I cut a circle from cardboard to fit just inside the can and covered it with my fake dirt.
Now all I need is a flower growing in my mushroom can. Another jumbo quilled flower with a cute little flower button glued to the center.