Saturday, June 1, 2019

Jumping into June

Happy June 1st everyone. Pardon my absence yesterday but I totally forgot to write a post. I headed to my computer the night before with plans to write one then I got distracted and never did.

Since I had the day off yesterday I decided to do a little crafting. I needed a card for my sons birthday which is on the 4th. I also went out and did a little shopping although it was more of the window type since about the only thing I got was dog food and bread.

On with the card. This is a pretty simple one since I just layered papers and added stickers. I used double sided scrapbook paper along with some other plain cardstock. The stars are stickers that I've had in my stash for quite a while. I stamped the Birthday Wishes and then heat embossed it.


Using the same double sided paper I made a matching envelope and I cut the letters out for his name on my Cricut


On the inside I made a pocket to hold either a gift card or cash.

Here's a close up of the heat embossed tag on the card. I also rubbed different colored inks on the edges to give it a more aged look.


Next I need to work on a card for my daughters birthday which is on the 10th.

13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The heat embossed tag, I am so glad you showed it up close. Now I can see that it is separately from the card, it's own work of art!!!

MadSnapper said...

wow, this one I really, really LOVE... it is just so perfect for a MAN... you are truly gifted with creating cards and things like this... I even love the envelope.. can't wait to see your daughters card...

Rose said...

This is really nice...as Sandra says, perfect for a man.

Anni said...

Exceptional work! Artistic, masculine, and color-perfect.

Guess you could say you went window shopping...with WINDOWS 10. Get it? Window shopping? Never mind. Kinda early in the morning, and humor isn't playing out like it was in my thoughts.

Connie said...

What a wonderful card, he is going to love it!

Sandee said...

What a great looking manly card. You are so crafty.

Have a fabulous day off, Ann. I love it that you have two days off in a row. ♥♥♥

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That's a great looking card. I'm sure he will love it. Happy Birthday Brad!

Ann said...

Thanks. Yes, you need to see the heat embossing up close to fully appreciate what it does to the stamped words.

Ann said...

Thank you.
I get it and you've got me chuckling over windows 10 shopping. Most of the time when I try to be funny I'm the only one who gets it...lol

Ann said...

Thanks. I'm working my way back to the crafting.

Reeni said...

That's a great looking card! Love the embossing!

Ann said...

Thanks. The embossing really does make a huge difference in how the stamping looks. Maybe I should do a post on that comparing them

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

wonderful effect

Related Posts with Thumbnails