Sunday, June 2, 2019

Where's the fire?

I can't believe how fast those two days went by. It's back to work today already. It feels like I was just doing my happy dance over having 2 days off.

So while I was off  I wandered around the yard a bit with my camera and did a little photo shoot with the chiminea that Wade and I bought as an anniversary present to ourselves several years ago. Wade enjoyed this more than I did. Him and a friend of his would sit out there on Saturday nights for hours. It used to annoy me because this is pretty much right under the bedroom window and the smoke from the fire would have me coughing and hacking unless I closed the window. Then there was a friend of his who would also come over occasionally and the guy did not know the meaning of the word quiet. Everytime he talked he shouted. This didn't get used at all last summer and I doubt I will use it this year either.





I think they look good in black and white

12 comments:

MadSnapper said...

they look beautiful in black and white, even better for this chimenea I think. I love it. have always wanted something to put FIRE in, this would be perfect...does it use charcoal? wood? or just anything to burn.. wish I were there to sit around it with you and play with fire

Rose said...

I would be playing in it all the time...you could I vote Sandra and I over and we could sit around it and tal . Laugh and play with fire.

Sandee said...

I'll be inside with you. This doesn't blow my skirt up at all. I'm glad you had a great two days off, but sorry it went so quickly.

Have a fabulous day. Tomorrow is a day off. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is elegant for what it is. Do you think you will ever use it? Maybe you can sell it.

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm sorry you have to go back to work! :(

Ann said...

I don't mind a fire but just sitting around doing nothing drives me crazy

Ann said...

I don't know if I will use it or not. I thought about selling it but the fact that Wade and I bought it for our anniversary has me hesitating.

Ann said...

I was too...lol

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That would have definitely annoyed me. I've always wanted one but we have never purchased one. We get winds during the day being up high and I think there is too much of a risk of fire.

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

Not sure I would interact with such an object, but if it was built and maintained by someone else (put in wood) and the company was nice, and the weather was also nice, yes...it would be nice to chatter with friends. Maybe if didn't want to sit around still, then take your knitting :-)

Ann said...

I'm not much of a fire builder and just sitting with nothing to do is not my thing.

Pam said...

I really don't care much for setting fires!aha Afraid one will get away from me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails