Sunday, June 16, 2019

Rest in Peace Aunt Marian

Yesterday I attended a funeral for my Aunt. It seems almost funny to say "rest in peace" because my aunt was louder than life, full of spit and vinegar and a pure pleasure to have a conversation with. We shared the same birthday and she was my godmother.

This is the last picture that was taken of her with her constant companion Bruiser who was also in attendance throughout the funeral.


Marian Irene Surovick, 88, of Albion, passed away peacefully, with her family by her side, on Tuesday, June 11, 2019, at UPMC Hamot. She was born on March 21, 1931 in Linesville, Pa., a daughter of the late Arthur and Bernice (Young) Butterfield. 

This is how I remember her more, pictured here with the love of her life who passed away 10 years ago. She was lost without him and happily reunited with him in heaven

After the service at the cemetery I visited other family members. My father, grandparents, one aunt and one uncle are also buried in this cemetery.


 This is my father's tombstone and you can see the chapel in the back which is where the service was held.

A couple rows up you'll find my grandparents

and next to them is my dads sister.

A row or two up from them is where my aunt was laid to rest next to my uncle.

24 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

"Reunited in joy" sounds more appropriate and happier than "rest in peace." I'm glad you had her in your life.

MadSnapper said...

I love Monk's reunited in joy, maybe we should start using that. so glad you could attend and sorry for your loss, it sounds like she was a second Mom to you like my Dad's sister was to me. I love the chapel.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of this special woman. It sure brings back memories of everyone else too. Take care my friend! Lots of hugs!

Sandee said...

Everyone has that favorite aunt. I'm glad you so enjoy this aunt. I'm sorry for your loss.

Have a blessed day, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Pam said...

So sorry for your loss. Looks like a great little place to hold a service and lay someone to rest.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I love 'reunited in joy' also!

Sorry for your loss of someone so dear to you.

Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

Anni said...

How wonderful she now is once again by her mate's side that she missed so much for a ling decade. Tho a loss to thise she left behibd, I know she went peacefully, & that makes it less sad. RIP

Anni said...

ling=long

Rose said...

Oh, Ann, I am sorry for your loss, and it sounds like a real loss. I would have loved to have met her...

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is a lovely place to be laid to rest. Not that they will appreciate it. They will be too busy in Heaven, all sorrow gone.

BeadedTail said...

I'm sorry for your loss. She sounds like she was an Aunt we'd all like to have.

Ann said...

It sure does.

Ann said...

Thank you.

Ann said...

This is the first time I have been in the chapel. It's always been closed up every other time I've been to the cemetery

Ann said...

It does make it less sad and she lived such a wonderful full life too.

Ann said...

Someone I know said that they think this cemetery is creepy but I find it very peaceful. It's out in the country and so quiet.

Terra said...

Your aunt sounds like a great gal to hang out with. Sad for you but there is rejoicing in heaven as the Bible assures us.

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

sounds like a great lady - louder than life...hope someone is going to be looking after her dog...

Ann said...

Thanks. She knew how to make you laugh that's for sure

Ann said...

She knew how to have a good time and I imagine she's carrying that on in heaven.

Ann said...

I heard that the woman who had been her care taker was going to take the dog.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So sorry for your loss. Sounds like she was a wonderful person.

Lin said...

Aw, sorry for the loss of your aunt. :(

Reeni said...

So sorry Ann! Bruiser must be sad.

Related Posts with Thumbnails