Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Playing with butterflies

Yesterday was a day of play. Can you tell from this picture?

The first thing I did has to stay a secret for a little while longer. But I can tell you that I did some playing with butterflies.

These were die cut, embossed and then inked with 3 different shades of ink. These were going to go in a card I made (which I'll show you tomorrow) but I decided they weren't quite big enough.

Then I decided to try something I saw on Pinterest. You cut out a butterfly shape that has blank spaces on the wings then cover the back with packing tape. Next you sprinkle glitter on top and it sticks to the exposed packing tape.


Here's a better look with light coming through the wings. Of course the paper ends up looking black because of the lighting but it looks rather nice. Maybe I should try this again using black cardstock.


Last but not least I did a little edit with the above picture.



It's a shame I have to go to work today. I would really like another day to play.

Since my son doesn't read my blog I won't post any pictures but today is his birthday. He's 32 already. My but times flies.

26 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

They are gorgeous!! I LOVE them!! Our son is 48!

CheerfulMonk said...

Yes, they are gorgeous. What a clever idea! I hope your son has a wonderful birthday.

Rick (Ratty) said...

What a great idea. They look wonderful. I really like the idea of the glitter.

Rose said...

They are beautiful! Both with and without glitter ones. Happy birthday to your son!

MadSnapper said...

all 3 of my grandchildren and all 3 of bob's grandchildren are in their 30's. now you know I am old...I love these butterflies, all of them. the first set would be pretty stuck on a picture frame that has a favorite photo in it and I like the edit and the purple and the black, all look amazing. you do NEED another day to play. your mojo is back!!!!! yayyyyyy

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy Birthday to your son! How time flies! heehee! LOVE the butterflies. Our Hospice house uses butterflies as their symbol so I try to add one to all my cards. I cut them out by hand which takes forever but adds so much! Enjoy your day! I have 4 sons and celebrate in some special way on each of their birthdays! Hugs!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Happy Birthday to you son! Hope he has a great day.
The butterflies are so pretty. You did good!!!

Grace said...

Oh my yes! the black cardstock with the pink glitter! Yes, yes, yes!

Pam said...

Happy Bday to your son. My boy has one coming up in July. My baby...he will be 32! Loving the butterflies. That is so neat. Great job on them.

Sandee said...

♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday Dear Brad,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you.♪♪

I wish you had another day off too so you could play. I'm enjoying you getting back into your crafts.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Lin said...

Looks like you are back in the groove! Cute butterflies! Very creative.

Connie said...

I love that you're having fun . . . your butteries are so pretty :)

Ann said...

Thanks. Time sure does fly doesn't it?

Ann said...

Thank you. I'm sure he had a great day.

Ann said...

Thanks. Everything is better with glitter...lol

Reeni said...

Those are real pretty! Happy Birthday to your son!

Ann said...

I know, the black with pink is the way to go. I'm going to have to make some more.

Ann said...

Thanks, Brad is the baby too. He is 4 years younger than his sister.

Ann said...

I'll be sure to pass the song on to Brad. My next two days off are already filled up with things to do so who knows when I'll have the time to play again

Ann said...

It's starting to come around :)

Ann said...

Thank you.

Hootin Anni said...

Birthday boy, huh? Hope his day was filled with special things.

LOVE THIS BUTTERFLY Ann

Ida said...

These are so pretty and sparkly. Love them.

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

I think one of the reasons, you have got your mojo back, is that you are not setting a high step goal, rather you've "playing" and if something doesn't work, you are finding a better way at the time you are doing it...so the first butterflies you thought "these are too small" what if...and then with the help of this darling www you found a "what if" and it went from there...I think it comes down to "no pressure"

Ann said...

yep and his siters is 6 days after

Ann said...

I believe you are probably right. The best things come from just playing around

Related Posts with Thumbnails