Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Every little things gonna be alright.

Sunday was this years first monthly family dinner. I got home from work and popped dinner in the oven. The weather was horrible but it was still on. Then my daughter said she wasn't going to be able to make it. Later my son texted to say Presley had just fell asleep and they would be over when she woke up. I told him I knew it was crappy out and I would understand if they didn't want to come out. Then the next thing I knew my daughter was able to come over after all. We ate and were sitting around and then quite late for dinner my son and his family showed up. Hey that's what microwaves are for. The evening ended with the perfect moment. Presleys mom said give grandma a hug and she came running to me with a huge smile. Then she said give her a kiss and she walked back and turned her head so I could kiss her cheek. No pictures from the eveing since I chose to just enjoy the company

Monday the storm had passed, the sun was shining and I headed over to Walmart to buy a new shower head since mine had broken. The thermometer in my car read 12 degress but it looked beautiful out. I think some of those clouds are actually dirty spots on my car window.




Coming down my road I see a truck pulling in my driveway. A friend of Wades was there to plow for me.
After I had some lunch I installed the new shower head turned on the water to see if all was well and the faucet was leaking like crazy. I quick call to my son and he came over to fix it.

So every little thing really is going to be alright

15 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm so glad you have your family, and friends, nearby. It makes such a difference.

Hootin Anni said...

First off I think those days I'm out driving ... thinking the cloud formations are pretty...it's actually dirt on the windshield. Who woulda thought!! Family & friends are tops. And special kisses for Grandma are best!

MadSnapper said...

the photos made me think of the saying, pure as the fallen snow. so beautiful when unbroken new snow is out there. that made me think of us looking for clean snow to make snow ice cream when we lived in KY. vanilla and sugar but not sure how she did it. I am rambling. so happy they all made it over and I am impressed you could change that shower head. not sure I could. glad he could come and fix it. I need a new one but have to beg and plead and listen to lots of loud cursing while the man does it.

Lin said...

So many good things! I'm glad that they could all come for dinner...no matter what time they got there. Just having the company is nice. And the icing on the cake is the plowing and the shower head. Yea!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It sure looks bitter cold! How nice to have a few people you can depend on...makes life so much better! Sweet hugs!

Sandee said...

How wonderful that your family dinner turned out okay. That's wonderful. Don't you love it when your grands love you and want to get a hug now and then. Me too. The greats are pretty good at it too.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Rose said...

Those photos just look so cold...your temps sounds like me. I am glad you got to have dinner with your kids.

I was wondering if you put the shower head on yourself. Do you find you don't have the strength in your hands that you used to? I really have trouble opening things that I didn't used to even notice. like the little squeeze cap of toilet bowl cleaners that you press in and twist half a turn. I have a heck of a time with them.

Jeanette said...

Glad everyone was able to make it for dinner after all! My son lives in New Hampshire and doesn't get home very often, especially this time of year when they are always getting dumped with snow out there! Aren't hugs from grandkids the very best??

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm glad you ended up seeing everyone one Sunday. Way to go on trying to work on the shower head and I'm glad you son was able to come over!

Ann said...

CheerfulMonk, yes it really does

Anni I keep thinking I need to clean my car windows but when I get home I forget until the next time I'm driving down the road

Lin, I was glad they could make it too. I wasn't sure because it was so bad out.

Sandee, I know, I thought I was going to get stuck with a ton of food. I was planning on packing it up and dropping some off to each of them the next day if they couldn't make it.

NanaDiana said...

Sometimes just winging things works out best. Glad all the kids showed up and you got a hug and cheek kiss in before they left.
Told my son I wanted a shower head that had the handheld thing today, too. xo Diana

Dr Sonia S V said...

So good that your family could make it after all. Every weekend we try to have lunch with my mom and last week we went girly shopping just the two of us after years!!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Reeni said...

Yay! So glad everything worked out especially the family dinner and the sweet hugs and kisses.

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

well it's almost the next w/end - sorry behind with nearly all the blogs...we've had no rain for over a week, and this woken to find it's been raining, now it's drizzle - "drizzle" is just fine....

Ann said...

Renee, glad you found me. I'll gladly send you some of our snow...lol

Reeni thanks, I was glad too

Catherine sounds like you were due for some rain.

Related Posts with Thumbnails