Friday, June 21, 2024

Birthday trip

 Amanda and I had a fun day out to celebrate her birthday. This was on the Saturday before her birthday.

It started with breakfast at Cracker Barrel


I can't remember what it was called but we both had this. It was so good but we could only eat half of what they gave you.

Next was Hobby Lobby, Dollar Tree and the Romolo store. This is a local chocolatier. They have a cafe, gift shop and the chocolate store. There is also an outside sitting area to eat.





We got some of these chocolate butterflies and I also bought a chocolate cat for Amanda but forgot to take a picture of it.


Our last stop was Stans garden center.


Amanda picked this plant out. It was quite unique


It was called Dracula



And that was our day. Sorry about the overload of pictures again. I've got lots of material these days and am writing and scheduling far in advance. Right now I'm cramming extra into posts to use things up.

10 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is definitely not too many photos. And I loved going with you! What a fun day! Dracula looks maybe like a succulent?

Donna said...

So glad you had a fun day with Amanda! And I love photos... I've not seen that omelet here at our CB. I'll be looking for it next time we go...
Dracula?? KoolBeans! Love the color! Is it a perineal?
Happy weekend!
hugs
Donna

Katerinas Blog said...

Looks like you had a great time!
The chocolate shop looks quality!
The plant he chose is unusual!!
Happy Birthday to her!!

Rose said...

Overload of pictures is great. It sounds like a fabulous day. Cracker barrel sounds good any day. It has been a long time since I have eaten there.

Lori said...

I loved all the photos. It looks like you had a wonderful day together. The chocolate shop is amazing.

MadSnapper said...

Dracula is beatiful and I like that color. I once bought a hanging plant that was very similar to this one, a little different shape, and hung it on the porch. with in the month is was dead... brown thumb me loves flowers but I can't touch them. sounds like a wonderful pre birthday celebration... I would have enjoyed all of it, but would have to wait outside the chocolate factory because my 7 years of sugar free would not be safe in that store

Debbie Nolan said...

Oh Ann I enjoy your photos. That last plant looks wonderful - it reminds me of the plant Cockscomb. Breakfast at Cracker Barrel is one of my favorite meals too. My mom (when she was here) always enjoyed their sugar cured ham. Your shopping is right up my alley - especially those chocolate butterflies. Have a great day and keep the pictures coming. Hugs!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love the photos. You can't overload on them. Sounds like a fun day for you and Amanda. That plant looks very interesting.

happyone said...

Sounds like a full and fun day spent with Amanda. :)

CheerfulMonk said...

Please don't hesitate to post pictures. We love them! I'm so glad the two of you had a great time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails