Wednesday, June 12, 2024

How to fix a screen, crafty style.

 The weather was getting warmer and I wanted to open the windows and air out the house. Not all of my screens are in the best condition and one of them had two holes at the top. We're talking holes that are big enough for a large bug to gain entry and invade my space. I could just replace the screening but I've discovered that I suck at doing that. Plus I procrastinate. Instead I did a crafty solution. Now this is not my original idea. I saw it on Facebook I think and I thought I would give it a try.

So what's the solution? I cut out vinyl butterflies on my cricut and used them as a patch over the hole. For each hole I cut 2 identical butterflies. I put one on the inside and one on the outside.


When I went to apply the butterflies, I discovered that in order to put them on right side up it wouldn't cover the hole. Therefor my butterflies are flying downwards.


To help insure that they would stay stuck to the screen, I used a heat gun and carefully heated the vinyl just a bit to make it stick together better.

Not a professional job but I think it's a pretty clever solution. Plus, no more holes.

12 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

That kind of problem solving is near and dear to my heart. Thank you! ❤️

MadSnapper said...

I think it’s a great idea and they look pretty and from far away as in from the street it probably looks like you’ve got butterflies that have landed on your screens. You can learn so much from the Internet and he say we found more and more things. This is so cool

Rose said...

What a wonderful idea! And so much prettier than just a plain screen!

Donna said...

I Love this idea! I remember Mom repairing the holes with tiny bits of steel wool...matched the screens. Love this idea though!
hugs
Dona

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is TOO cool! I love it! And hopefully I will remember it for when and if I need to do it!

Lori said...

That is such a cute idea. Binx has put holes in our patio door screen but if I tried this he would see it as another thing to play with.

Grace said...

Very clever indeed 💜

Lin said...

Hey..it works AND it's cute! Good job!

Debbie Nolan said...

Wow Ann - that is such a great solution. I have a couple of places on my screen that I need to fix...right now have scotch tape covering the hole. It is fortunately at the bottom of the screen and seems to be doing an okay job. Like yours better - so much prettier! Hugs!

Sandee said...

A clever way to fix something. Love this.

Have a fabulous day and rest of the week, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That was a great idea. They look cute!

Katerinas Blog said...

Amazing result Ann.
Easy and cheap solution!

Related Posts with Thumbnails