Monday, June 17, 2024

Patriotic crafts

 Back when I posted my seasonal shelves I mentioned that I had added two things after I took the pictures. Today I have those two craft projects to show you.

This first one I actually started last year and never finished. This was a plain wood star that I covered in fabric and then I glued it to a wood crate that I painted red and white. I finished it off by adding some patriotic flowers and picks. The star and the crate were both Dollar Tree items and the flowers and picks were from Walmart.


This one used a Dollar Tree chalk board. I painted it black and then on the backside I glued on some scrapbook paper. Then I used the scrabble tiles (can't remember where I found these) and spelled out home of the brave and glued the letter on. I left the chalkboard side alone that way if I wanted to I could turn it around and write a message on the chalkboard as well.


11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I can't choose a favorite, I love them both!!!

CheerfulMonk said...

I love them both, but I especially like the colors in the first one.

Katerinas Blog said...

Beautiful creations, I imagine they will liven up the space!!
Have a beautiful day Ann!

Rose said...

I really like both, but am really liking the chalkboard idea.

MadSnapper said...

They are really cute and nowyou are ready for the 4th of July.. and I like the idea of chalk board, for messages... would have been handing when I was working to leave reminders on for bob to do list. way back 18 years ago. I can't believe I have been retired that long and bob retired for 26 years. OUCH!

Donna said...

Love them both! You have such patience!!
hugs
Donna

Jeanette said...

I love both of those! I got your latest card too by the way! Thank you! So cute!

Sandee said...

Beautiful patriotic crafts. I like the first one the best.

Have a fabulous day off, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Great job. I like both of them.

happyone said...

Nice job on both of them.

Ida said...

Nice projects. I like them both.

Related Posts with Thumbnails