Monday, June 29, 2026

I guess anyone can get a license these days.

 This pup was waiting in the drivers seat while his humans were shopping. 

All I know is that if I left the window open that much for Gibbs, he wouldn't be in the car when I came back.

21 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Unbelievable!! Maybe he had one of those harnesses on for dogs in cars? One of our best friends had a pug. Left him in the car with the window partly open, but she tied his leash to something. She came out of the store to find him hanging by the neck outside the car, dead.

Asep Haryono said...

He looks so calm and well-behaved! Still, it's always a good idea not to leave pets alone in a parked car, especially if it's warm outside.

Linda G said...

The dog probably has a leash of some type. Good to see the wi Dow is down, though.

Lori said...

I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my dog in a car even with the window down. So much could happen.

Pam said...

Yeah, no way I would have been able to leave Dakota. First off, someone walk by, he would have tried to break out of the slight opening I would have given him.

Shug said...

this is a cute photo....I do hope that the owners left some kind of cooling pad for him to get on in case he was too hot. He was being a good doggie...sitting there and waiting.

My Mind's Eye said...

My thoughts exactly about the window.
Even our mini dachshund would have managed to escape thru that window...albeit the jump down might have been a big YIKES for his wee body
Hugs cecilia

Granny Sue said...

Oh no! That is so sad!

Granny Sue said...

Cute doggie, but what a bad idea to leave him.in the car like that. People seem to drag their poor dogs everywhere these days. The dogs, I think, are much happier to just stay home.

Sandee said...

I'm guessing this pup can drive better than many humans.

Have a fabulous day and week, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to handsome Gibbs. ♥

Mary and Chris said...

I honestly think the dog brought them there and was enjoying a cigarette before taking them back home. He looks like a very independent dog.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Cute dog. I don't like seeing animals or children left in a hot car. ๐Ÿ˜• Regardless of whether the windows are open or closed. There have been many deaths ๐Ÿ˜ข because of this.
I hope you have a lovely week ahead, dear Ann.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Oh my gosh, that pup looks like he’s ready for a joyride.

photowannabe said...

Joy ride or not... I hate seeing a dog or child being left in the car.
Cute picture though.
Sue

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I don't understand why they do that. I too would not do that with any of the dogs I had.

HappyK said...

Maybe he is just a very well behaved dog. :). I've seen dogs riding in back of pick-up trucks here and they stay there!

DeniseinVA said...

My old dog wouldn’t be there when I got back either.

Debbie said...

it does not seem safe, but i guess i shouldn't judge!!

Chatty Crone said...

Never ever in this heat.

CheerfulMonk said...

๐Ÿ˜Š❤️

The Happy Whisk said...

I wish folks would stop leaving kids and dogs in the car.

Related Posts with Thumbnails