Every year I've posted pictures of my day lilies
These are so common around here and mostly you see them growing wild in ditches along the side of the road. Hence, many people refer to them as ditch lilies.I was recently stopped in a work zone and thought I would grab some pictures of them.
You can't really see the up-close of the flowers that well but they are the same ones I have in my yard.
15 comments:
Wow, I have never seen so many together! And they aren't even in a yard!
That must be a very pretty sight.
They're beautiful! We have similar wild flowers in Indonesia too. . It's amazing how such beautiful flowers can thrive without anyone planting them
We have a few that just pop up randomly in places in our back. They are pretty.
Ann I have those orange beauties blooming everywhere in our woods and flower beds. They look like a sea of orange in the distance. So they may be called ditch lilies but they are a delight to see. Hugs!
They make a lovely display.
Just lovely
My Aunt Ruth new I was gullible as a child...she once told me the Lilies only grew in places where there used to be out houses.
UUUmmmmmm
Hugs cecilia
I can’t recall seeing that many of them in one place. I admire day lilies too. They are so pretty.
Ich kenne die Taglilien nur als Gartenblume. Hier wird sie als eine besondere Staude gepflegt. Es gibt viele verschiedene Blütenformen und Farben. Wie schön, dass du die Taglilien auch in der freien Natur erleben kannst.
Yes, they are so pretty and like you said are all over the place!!
How lovely, Ann! I love lilies!
Wow! They are thriving!
What a beautiful site!
Wow, that's a lot of lilies. How nice to see so many on the side of the road.
I love when seeing them in ditches. And the yellow ones as well. Fun.
Post a Comment