I was on my way home from work one day and close to home there was a road blocked off by fire trucks. Turns out there was a house fire.
I drove by here the other day and it was reduced to a pile of rubble. So incredibly sad and devastating for the family that lived there. Thankfully, no one was hurt in this fire though.
Another day on my way to work, as I approached the overpass at one of the exits on the highway I saw a car on fire. I couldn't get a picture of that but did find this one after the fire had been put out
Lastly of course are the fires in Canada and Minnesota. The smoke had made it's way into Pennsylvania and last Thursday and Friday it was really bad. This was how hazy it was. You could even smell the smoke in the air.
The sun was an orange color but you can't really tell from the picture. It's much pales in the picture than what I was actually seeing.As bad as it was here, I can't imagine what it must have been like for those much closer to these fires. I just pray that everyone who was affected by the fires is safe
Side note for Chatty Crone. I am getting your comments but as I was replying to one this morning I noticed that your comments are now coming in as no reply so you aren't getting them. I wasn't sure what your email was either so couldn't change it over. If you want to contact me directly at iannieam@gmail.com I can make sure I note your email address and start replying to you again. Sorry for the confusion.
The sun was an orange color but you can't really tell from the picture. It's much pales in the picture than what I was actually seeing.As bad as it was here, I can't imagine what it must have been like for those much closer to these fires. I just pray that everyone who was affected by the fires is safe
Side note for Chatty Crone. I am getting your comments but as I was replying to one this morning I noticed that your comments are now coming in as no reply so you aren't getting them. I wasn't sure what your email was either so couldn't change it over. If you want to contact me directly at iannieam@gmail.com I can make sure I note your email address and start replying to you again. Sorry for the confusion.
10 comments:
Oh, those poor people! Yes, the sun looks just like this here, too!
I feel so bad for the people that own the house but glad no one was injured or worse.
To lose everything in a fire is heartbreaking. Where and how do you start again?
The air smells so much better now; hope it stays that way!
I feel so bad for all the fires happening in the world - they are in Europe too. France. I can't stand the heat. We usually get hot but it is never hot this early or that long.
How awful! There was a fire near our home several years ago and it burned to the ground. The people were at work and school. Fortunately the fire also triggered the garage door to go up and their little dog escaped. We had hazy skies because of the fires in our area and like you, I hope our neighbors up north are okay. Dreadful business these fires.
Two ugly events indeed. I hate seeing these events. As long as everyone is okay that's a good thing.
I remember California burning for numerous years and the air looked the same here. It was awful. We were boating then and we continued to boat in the smoke. Awful.
Have a fabulous day and rest of the week, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥
What a horrid hot season with heat and fires and smoke
Hugs cecilia
It's so sad that that home burned to the ground.. how does one start completely over again?
I remember when the awful fires were in our area of Northern California. The air was acrid and that stale brownish color for days. It stunk and we could taste it in the air.
Stay safe
Sue
What a horrible experience for those poor people!
Post a Comment