Thursday, July 30, 2026

Tuesday July 21

 I got to work just before the rain started. My manager got there just as it was beginning to come down. We were sitting there and it kept getting louder. She asked what it was and I said I thought it was hail.

You can't tell from the pictures but sure enough, the hail was coming down. It had also gotten so dark that it looked like it was night time.



That day I had to leave early for an eye appointment. I snapped a quick picture while I was sitting there.


They actually have a sign up that says no photos or videos. I made sure to point the camera down but I see I did get part of that one lady's face. OOPS. 

Surprisingly, I was in and out of there pretty quick.

12 comments:

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Amazing storm pictures. I hope your eye appointment went well.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Hail here can just seem to come all at once out of nowhere. We had hail warnings, but didn't get any.

jabblog said...

Hail just appears like magic, and disappears just as quickly.

Lori said...

We frequently have hail in the summer too. Glad you made it to work before it started.

Liz Hinds said...

Hail? In July? Wow!

My Mind's Eye said...

strange weather and OMDs hail. Thankful you got to your eye appointment and it was quick
Hugs Cecilia

MadSnapper n Beau said...

we don't get hail here, but we have had 2 storms yesterday and 2 this morning and # 3 is almost here now. It's Many bolts of lightning down to the ground and enough thunder to wake the dead.. they are really dangerous if caught out in them... glad you were safe inside when it came

photowannabe said...

Here on the West Coast we seldom have rain or thunder during the summer here in the "flatlands". The mountains do though and its always a worry for the wildfires.
Glad your appointment was an "in and out".
Sue

DeniseinVA said...

That must have been quite a storm. We had a tornado watch in our area but it didn't come to anything. I heard about one man having a narrow escape when a big tree fell on his bedroom. Fortunately he wasn't in it at the time. Took everything out that tree did however. Glad you were in and out with your appointment and I hope all went well.

Connie said...

I loved hail when I was a kid, it always excited me. Now, all that I think about is damage to my garden, LOL. Isn't it funny how our perspective changes as we go from child to adult.

HappyK said...

That looked quite a storm. Always nice to get in and out fast at an appointment.

Chatty Crone said...

You're getting rain like us. Glad you got in and out - hope all was well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails