Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Walmart.

 I do a weekly Walmart run whether I want to or not. If I can I will skip it but most weeks I need something. 

I don't like the self check outs and prefer to go to a real cashier. I do have a favorite cashier too and she's always working on Saturday morning.

On this particular trip, my favorite cashier wasn't at the registers that were open. I chose the shortest instead. I got behind this woman who was chatting away with the young guy who was cashing her out. When she was done she wished him a good day and told him what a good job he did.


I must say he was very friendly and he didn't act the least bit bothered by her rambling on. He was also quite friendly when it was my turn. That's something that you don't always get these days.

While I waited for my turn I took a picture of my watermelon with the bananas sitting on top of it.


I have been craving watermelon for a couple weeks but they've only had really big ones. I stopped at Mason Farms stand but they wanted either $9 or $10 for a small seedless watermelon. No way was I paying that much. On this particular trip they had them and they were only $4.97.

12 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

That sounds like a nice trip to Walmart with friendly customers and staff. Glad you got your watermelon at such a good price. I see prices for things that have gone way up. It’s getting crazy!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Here, they have the little watermelons, what they call personal watermelons. A rare cashier for sure!

Linda G said...

I rarely enter a grocery store anymore. Since 2020 I have ordered groceries online and go pick them up. It is nice to,have a friendly cashier.

Shug said...

This tells me that this young man was happy to have a job no matter how much chatter he had to deal with. Good for him!! I love watermelon, but it does not love me. I remember when my grandfather grew fields of melons...they were the best...Now days, you never know if one is going to be too ripe or not ripe enough... cute photo of the melon and bananas...

Lori said...

We have quite a few really nice cashiers in our town at various places, but we do have a couple of really nasty miserable people too.

jabblog said...

Friendly staff make all the difference to a shopping trip. I'm sure they enjoy their day more, too, with friendly exchanges.

My Mind's Eye said...

What a well raised and kind young man.. He has a job and does it with glee and puts many smiles on the faces of customers
Hugs cecilia

CheerfulMonk said...

Good for that young fellow! We need more like him in the world. ❤️

Sandee said...

We shop at Raley's and have for many years. We know many of the cashiers and love them all. Well most of them. There are two we avoid. One is so slow it's a wonderful she has a job and the other charges you double on some things. He doesn't pay attention. I'm glad you had a good experience.

Now I'm hungry for watermelon.

Have a fabulous day and week, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to handsome Gibbs. ♥

photowannabe said...

There's hope for our wounded world when I see young people being kind and actually engaging in conversation. Why is that so rare today?
I bought one of those huge watermelons from Walmart a few days ago. We are loving every mouthful of it, especially since the temps are heading up into the low 100"sF.
Have a good day my Friend.
Sue

HappyK said...

We went to Walmart today for our weekly shopping trip. We like the self check. But we have the two of us. Ken does the scanning and I do the bagging. Works great for us.
It is so nice to have a friendly, good worker cashier. It should be the normal!!

Jeanette said...

Rare to find a friendly cashier anywhere unfortunately! I actually prefer the self check out. I like to keep an eye on what price is scanned and the cashiers tend to go too fast for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails