Tuesday, August 25, 2026

For real

I went to Walmart,  did my shopping and got in line. I always go to a cashier rather than a self check out. There were two carts in front of me. One the guy was unloading and the other I discovered belonged to a woman who went off to get a second cart to transfer her purchases to once they were rung up.
I should have taken the picture sooner but didn't think of it.
She had found a clearance rack that everything was marked $1 and she must have cleaned it out. Her cart was stacked at least a foot high over the top and she had at least 6 of every item. When she was done she apologized for me getting stuck behind her. I couldn't help thinking that she could have offered to let me go in front of her. My total was $35 hers was $190 something.
I said to the cashier, I wonder how many of those items will be for sale on Marketplace for way more than what she paid.

15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Good grief! I would have moved to self-checkout. My back hurts just reading about it.

CheerfulMonk said...

Yes, she should have let you go first!

jabblog said...

Canny or greedy? You're probably right about Martketplace

Donna said...

Well yes, she should have offered to let you go before her! I've always thought when I see things like this, that they are re-selling . They probably don't have real streams of income to get them through...but it should be done while thinking of others!
Big hug
Donna

Lori said...

A lot of people here, including me, won't use the self-check outs so I've noticed Kroger and Walmart has a lot more cashiers than they tried to use. She should have let you go first regardless.

Linda G said...

She should have let you go first. Yes, Marketplace or a yard sale.

My Mind's Eye said...

WOW she was shopping for a year's worth of gifts...I bet.
Or perhaps as you said Marketplace. I've never used that
Hugs Cecilia

DeniseinVA said...

She was probably too excited about finding all those $1 items to think about letting you go first. I remember doing that at least once not realizing, head was up in the clouds or something I guess. I felt so bad about it when I realized. Never did that again.

Sandee said...

I think she's going to resale those items for a lot more money, too.

Have a fabulous day and week, Ann. Love and hugs to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

photowannabe said...

Wow, I always try to be aware of others with just one or two items and let them go ahead of me.
Her apology after the fact didn't sit well with me... selfish and rude.
$1.00 clearance that's quite a savings if it was anything worth that much.
Sue

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Purchasing items to be resold online is very common these days. She should have graciously offered to let you go ahead of her, Ann.

Shug said...

I see this happening more and more....When there are sells, people buy up the items and then sell them. They end up making a good amount of money by doing this. Just today at a store around here, a lady had about 15 of the insulted yeti style cups...they were on sale for 2.99. She will probably sell them for 10.00 at least. I don't think I have the energy to do this though.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wow, that wasn't a fun experience! Sorry you had to wait so long.

HappyK said...

I thought the same thing. She will be having a sale of her own!!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I don't use the cashiers, or didn't since I now get delivery at home, but I need to go to the WM and see what they have on sale for a dollar. Never seen that before. I may be missing out ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails