Saturday, August 29, 2026

Grocery list

 How do you write a grocery list? I used to write them on paper but always seemed to forget them when I went to the store. I started doing them on my phone which has it's own set of problems.

Once I accidentally deleted the entire list half way through my shopping. Luckily I remembered what else was on the list.

On a recent trip to Walmart, I stopped at the pharmacy first to pick up a prescription. While I was waiting I pulled out my phone to look at my list. There wasn't much on it but one item had me very confused.


Just what the heck are Baby sprinkles supposed to be. I told the girl in the pharmacy that I hated auto-correct and we laughed over the list item and wondered just what it could be. I walked through the entire store trying to figure it out with no luck.

After I got home I was doing some cleaning and noticed the bottle of low dose aspirin on the counter and it hit me. "Baby Aspirin". I got my phone out and added it to the list for my next shopping trip. It again auto-corrected to Baby sprinkles. Apparently I left one of the "i's" out of aspirin so it corrected to sprinkles. I don't get it though because asprin is way closer to aspirin than it is to sprinkles.

14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is just wild! But at least it is not a mystery anymore. We take one baby aspiring a day, do you? I always have a list pad and write everything down, I keep it by the couch so I can write something when I think of it. I have always loved writing to-do kinds of lists.

DeniseinVA said...

Isn’t that something? I keep my grocery list on my phone too. Auto correct has given me some doozies. It has also accused me of swearing at it. I have not!

My Mind's Eye said...

Baby sprinkles MOL BOL BOL= baby aspirin
My daughter and SIL put lists on their phones
once they had '5 little Ethiopians'. they never figured that out

Hugs Cecilia

Chatty Crone said...

Baby sprinkles - that is funny. I understand - how in the world do they self-correct to the words they do?

photowannabe said...

HaHa ... That's too funny.
I wish I could remember what some of the autocorrects have been on my phone. They have been really weird and funny too.
Hope you get your baby aspirin next time.
I usually write a list on a scrap of paper which I have next to my computer. Of course many a time it has remained there when I went to the store.. (:0)
Sue

CheerfulMonk said...

I write my list but usually don't bring it with me. Writing it down is enough for me to remember. Of course, Andy does a lot of the shopping, and I add things to his list, which he always brings along.

jabblog said...

Sometimes the things we think we've said don't reappear the way we expect. I love 'baby sprinkles.'

HappyK said...

Funny about the baby sprinklers!! We keep a list on the refrigerator and write add items during the week when we think of something we need.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

LOL Ann! Thank you for sharing this! I write my grocery lists by hand and most of the time I don't need to bring it with me, as once I write it, I know what I need to buy.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Sometimes I can't read my own writing or know what I went for! hahaha! This is funny!

Debbie said...

i write my shopping list on paper, and keep it on the side of the frig. then, either the hubs or i can add to it. we often take a picture of it when we are going out, just in case we stop!! do you know people actually have "baby sprinkles" a baby shower for second and third children!!

Jeanette said...

I can't tell you how many times I write a list and then forgot it at home. I should make a list using Alexa which is much easier and it's on my phone but I never do!

Lori said...

I keep a list on the side of the refrigerator and add what we need as I go. Then I put the list in my purse when I know I'm going shopping. So far so good. What are baby sprinkles anyway. That's an odd autocorrect. lol

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sorry about that. Yes auto correct can be crazy. I still make a list on paper but as I add things I always put it back in my purse so I have it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails