Saturday, August 1, 2026

Hello August. Here's hoping you are better than July

 Here we go starting another month already. Time is just moving by way too fast.

July wasn't really that great of a month for me. I struggled with trying to get answers from my doctor about my hip, I had co pays going out like crazy and when I took my car in for inspection it failed which cost me a small fortune. 

I had taken the day off for my inspection because I go to a local garage and drop it off the night before. When they called me and told me I needed two new tires I thought maybe they had the wrong car because I had just put 4 new tires on it in April of 2025. Nope, not the wrong car. Plus it also needed brakes and rotors.

I called the place that I got tires from and they said there wasn't much they could do since I didn't have my paperwork from when I bought the last tires. I told them just get me two new tires so I can pass. Friday 7/24 I left work early so I could get those put on. Took a pic while I waited.

I probably should have replaced all 4 tires but I really couldn't afford it with all the other things I've paid for. Plus I have my taxes due the end of this month which is another $900+. 

12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Good grief, what a month! And seems like those tires should have lasted you a longer time. It's not like you go on long trips or anything!

CheerfulMonk said...

Wow! I'm so sorry! Fingers crossed for August. ❤️

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

My July wasn't great either. Let's both hope for a better tomorrow and I sure hope you don't have extra expenses. It's always something! Sweet hugs, Diane

handmade by amalia said...

I'm sorry that July was a disappointment, I hope August will do better (but how can it be August already?)
Amalia
xo

My Mind's Eye said...

Good golly Ann that is a chunk of change
July was $$ for us with new washer and dryer but good news is they are so much more efficient. Both larger drums so I can wash more at one time.
Hugs to you and Gibbs
Cecilia

Duni said...

I'm sorry about your car troubles and I can't believe it's August already! At least I'm back home now :)

jabblog said...

Money seems to run out faster than it comes in sometimes.

photowannabe said...

Oh brother ... what a month you have had. I really do feel your pain. It seems we are always behind the 8 ball with catching up and having a bit of left over in our checking account. Thank heavens for some financial assistance for us Really Old People !! We would be out on the street with a metal cup otherwise...
Here's to a WAY BETTER AUGUST for you both health-wise and financially.
Sue

DeniseinVA said...

Sorry about your month Ann. Sure hope August goes easy on you.

Lori said...

I'm sorry to hear July really was a crappy and expensive month. Here's hoping August is a much gentler month for you.

HappyK said...

August HAS to be better for you than July!!

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Sorry about July, Ann. It wasn't great for me either.

Related Posts with Thumbnails