Thursday, August 6, 2026

I see the oddest things

 I must say that where I work, I tend to see the oddest people and things sometimes. I'm sitting there at my desk and I looked out the window.

One of those guys who stands on the corner with his cardboard sign asking for money was walking down the street. He was using a doll stroller to push a couch cushion. He took it down to his corner and I'm assuming was using it to sit on.


Oh and that building across the street? That used to be a drive thru bank. There has been at least one homeless guy who has been using that as his place to land at night. His stuff has been there and he hangs out there sometimes. The other day the police were there and then he moved on. I'm assuming they told him he couldn't stay there. 

14 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

That's a great place to work! Again, I'm so glad you no longer have that old job -- I just wish you had a shorter commute.

DeniseinVA said...

I often see these people on mediums and first of all worry about them because it seems such a dangerous thing to do in high traffic areas, and then I wonder what led them to this point in their lives. There was a man in a tent up on the hill for years a few miles down the road. I saw him mentioned many times in our neighborhood app. He always had a dog with him who seemed well taken care of. Very often people stopped and gave him food and for his dog too. I’m wondering if he was moved on as I haven’t seen him in a long time, and then I wonder if the dog went with him.

Ginny Hartzler said...

You are observant. The stroller thing is crazy. Here, homeless people use shopping carts. Apparently pilfered from local grocery stores. I guess the stroller was the only wheeled thing he had for transporting stuff.

Liz Hinds said...

Seems mean to make him move on unless he was damaging the place.

Lori said...

Well now that is very inventive.

jabblog said...

It's very sad to see people without permanent lodgings. It's miserable in extremes of temperature, too.

My Mind's Eye said...

Well I'll be he has a dolly to move his stuff.

Hugs cecilia

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Yes, you do see some odd things. It's really sad about the homeless.

photowannabe said...

It is truly sad about the homeless but I commend this guy for his ingenuity to make himself more comfortable. So many times though all of their "stuff" gets to be a real rats nest ... so sad.
Sue

HappyK said...

Nice to have a window to look out of at work. :)

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

There are so many homeless here in Montreal as well, it is very sad. Ann, I am so glad you are very observant, and I appreciate all you share!

Pam said...

Haha...this is why I keep my camera on my phone when I am out and about. Sometimes I catch odd things, people or the way some dress but its the times I let the camera close and I miss something good that is when I get irritated! lol....

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I love Madis Mom comment, he has a dolly... whatever works. sorry he was moved on...

Granny Sue said...

The homeless cause us such conflicting emotions, don't they? Yet I doubt very few actually choose to be in that situation. Or maybe they do. It's complex! I had to smile at this guy's ingenuity though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails