Monday, September 18, 2017

Going to the dogs

I double dog dare you to say this isn't cute.


This guy is sitting pretty while he rides in the parade.


I'm pretty sure this was supposed to be a dog but those are some pretty odd looking back paws. They look more like webbed duck feet.


Yesterday Jerry left this comment: Did you let Gibbs out in the yard as the parade passed by? One of the most delightful pictures you took of Duke had him up on his hind legs watching the horses as they passed by. Please forgive me if that resurrected a painful memory.

I had to go in search of the picture he was talking about. Duke loved a good parade. Unfortunately Gibbs is not as good at being a good spectator. He would bark non stop and be generally disruptive and annoying. He has to stay inside when the parade is going on

14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

AAAAWWWwwwww!!! What a wonderful picture of Duke! He truly enjoyed life to the fullest! He was a very blessed dog to have you. Love that dog with the little umbrella!

Marg said...

That is such a great picture of Duke. We missed that one. Love the picture of the dog losing his costume. Great pictures Ann. Have a great day.

Rick (Ratty) said...

Gibbs seems to have a similar temperament to my dog Isabella. One of her favorite activities is to bark at nothing though.

Sandee said...

Awww is right. I linked this post to Awww Mondays.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

BeadedTail said...

I remember that picture of Duke! Love it! Bummer Gibbs is a barker. The fire dog does have duck feet which is kind of disturbing. The other dogs are really cute!

Out on the prairie said...

Lovely, there was a guy who dressed his dog in leather to ride on his Harley, but haven't seen them for a while

MadSnapper said...

I AM BACK and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first post I came to... all of it. sweet Duke, I miss you and this is a dorable and I love the one sitting up high in the basket. love you to

crafty cat corner said...

That's such a darling picture of little Duke. Fancy having the parade pass right by your door, how convenient.
Briony
x

Anonymous said...

Well, that looked like a lot of fun!

Grace said...

That's kinda sweet that Jerry remembered the photo .

Lin said...

Good remembering, Jerry! I forgot about that photo of Duke and it is darn CUTE! Poor Gibbs...he is his own dog..and a barky one at that. Bummer he has to sit out parades.

Unknown said...

Yep, that's the pic stuck in my memory. Be assured that Duke made quite an impression upon Arlynda and me. So has Gibbs, of course.

Kathe W. said...

darling photo of the pup enjoying the parade!

Ida said...

What a fun parade. - I loved the photo of Duke.

Related Posts with Thumbnails