Tuesday, September 5, 2017

That's a lot for doing nothing

There may not have been any laboring yesterday but I accomplished quite a bit. I took two walks, I read and I worked on making some ornaments.

I've made these before but since I sold the last of them at the craft show I decided to make some more.


The body is a single crochet around a shower curtain ring. The head is cut from felt and the legs are twigs found in my back yard. I also glued a little bit of the yard to tops of the heads. I had six that were comletely done and at the time this post was composed I had 6 more that just needed to be assembled.

I got the idea for these a long time ago from a lovely lady named Marie. She used to blog at Spun by me but hasn't posted in a long time. I believe these days she's mainly doing facebook and instagram

10 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

So cute!!!!

MadSnapper said...

you have not shown us these before, really cute. I used to know how to crochet around a ring but have not for 40 years. I made wreathes at Christmas with magnets for fridge. had forgotten that. sounds like you had a good day... and productive day...

Out on the prairie said...

I like the idea, it's really ba-a-a-ad. Bet they sold fast.

Sandee said...

These are adorable. Yes they are.

I'm glad you had a great day off yesterday. That rocks.

Have a fabulous day back to work. Three days at work and then you're off for two days. I like that. Big hug to you and tons of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

R's Rue said...

Love.

Pam said...

Cute. I have been making on ornaments the last two days also.

BeadedTail said...

OMC! Those are so cute! Seriously!

Andrea said...

How darling, Ann!! And no need to "labor" on Labor Day. I didn't either. :-)

Lin said...

Those are really cute!

Unknown said...

I trust that Gibbs is looking forward to helping you decorate the Christmas tree this year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails