Sunday, December 9, 2018

Great expectations

I hear about events and think they sound like a lot of fun. I've already told you about the reindeer trail walk that Amanda and I went to last weekend. This weekend there was a Christmas in the park event right here in my little town. It was being held at the park just down the street from me.
Some of the events they advertised were:
Crafts
Live nativity
Strolling Carolers in period costume
food
games
hay rides
story time
and several others that I can't remember.

I bundled up and took a ride down the street.

I saw the crafts, all 5 tables. There were no carolers  or live nativity. I didn't look in the one building because that was where they were supposed to be doing the story time.

I passed by the food, took a brisk walk around the park and then headed back home.

12 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

Some events turn out to be fantastic, others maybe not quite. It's always fun to go though. I miss a lot of events because I worry that I won't like the crowds. But whenever I go I have a good time.

MadSnapper said...

keep on trying, maybe one of these events will be the one that is what it says it is. I wonder if this one has more stuff at night? our live nativities here are all at certain times and all after dark. looks like the barn and manger is there. good job on avoided the barn full of kids. ha ha.... at least you got blog fodder. that counts for a lot.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Gosh, what do you think happened? Do you think the people bailed due to the cold? Well, it makes for an interesting post, anyway!!

Kate said...

The lack of activity makes one curious and sadly, makes one think twice about venturing out to another advertised event.

Sandee said...

Perhaps you went to early? I don't know. I hate it when they promise one thing and then do another. Disappointing. At least you didn't have to work.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Darn, it should have been better than that!

Hootin Anni said...

They definitely ARE over-hyped. Here too. And I've come to realize, you go once & year after year it's the same ol' same ol'.

Grace said...

You do live in a small town...maybe they save all that stuff for later in the day...(Maybe next year you could do a crafts table there - you have so many great holiday crafts!)

Lin said...

Oh no! I wonder if something happened that caused this to flop? It looks like a nice set up....

Out on the prairie said...

what fun, going caroling the 19th

Reeni said...

We have some lame events like this in our town too! Sorry it was a disappointment!

Duni said...

Oops ;-)
Our small town doesn't have many events going on at all. That's why we go to the city to enjoy the Christmas market!

Related Posts with Thumbnails