Friday, February 28, 2020

For lack of something better.

Since I don't really have anything to post about and I don't want to say we have more snow again, I'm going to talk about the wreath I posted yesterday.

Ginny asked a few questions about it so I'll answer those here today. All items were purchased from Dollar Tree except for the bow I put on the top of the wreath. All the pictures today were taken from Dollar Trees website to show the products I used.

I started with a  wire wreath form like this one.
 
I purchased three scarves like the ones in the picture only they were a St. Patricks day themed scarf. I just wrapped these around the wreath form tieing the ends of them together and tucking the knots in.

I purchased a decoration similar to this one only it was in two pieces. There was the glittery outside piece and then the one you saw in the center of my wreath was the center. I took the two pieces apart and then glued a piece of a branch to it to make a stem on the shamrock.

The other thing I purchased from Dollar Tree which I couldn't find a picture for was a bag of the glittery gold coins and shamrocks. I just hot glued those around the wreath and then I made a bow and glued that to the top.

11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Thank you so much! WOW, I have never seen a wire wreath form like this one. and the scarves, that is so smart! They would cost a lot less than wide ribbon!

Rick (Ratty) said...

Interesting stuff. It must take a lot of thought to put something like this together.

Hootin Anni said...

Excellent tutorial! Thanks for this.

Kate said...

The easy part is buying the items but to put them all together to create a lovely wreath takes talent and a creative mind. ^^

MadSnapper said...

If I purchased these items and created a wreath, you would have something else to blog about because of all the laughter my wreath would create. it takes talent to put things together. if you went shopping at dollar tree and gave me whatever you bought, told me what to do, it would NOT resemble yours at all. same thing with cooking, give me the recipe and yuck.

Rose said...

You could give tutorials on youtube and gave an instant audience.

Sandee said...

What Rose said. You could do that.

Have a fabulous day and weekend, Ann. Enjoy tomorrow off. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Pam said...

I love these metal wreaths. I am jumping down to yesterdays blog to check it out.

Ann said...

Ginny, you are very welcome. I never would have thought to use the scarves if I hadn't seen someone else using them.

Ratty, I can easily copy other peoples ideas but it amazes me how they come up with them

Anni, you're welcome

Sandee, It's a thought but I think I would need a whole lot more free time than what I have now to do that.

Pam. I've never made a wreath before using the wire forms. This was super simple

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

see I was right...*

you can go to the Dollar Tree, formulate a plan for the wreath from almost every day products - I'm talking about the scarves (in this instance) and then wrap them around the frame... Then you find something that will work but it needs taking apart and having some additional extras added.

*That's your idea...and it's awesome that you could think "now how can I make this work for me, today" :-)

Ann said...

Catherine, I can normally do that when I have an inspiration project to work from.

Related Posts with Thumbnails