Saturday, February 1, 2020

All you need is love

Or I should say all you need is this love sign from Dollar Tree to do this project.

I bought one of those and couldn't decide how I wanted to finish it. I had seen several different ideas on Pinterest and some on Facebook. I painted the whole thing white and considered adding scrapbook paper. Then it sat for several days. Finally I saw one that had been covered with black and white buffalo plaid and I liked the look of it. I had some black buffalo plaid fabric so I covered the whole thing with mod podge and laid a piece of fabric down on top of it. Once it had dried a bit (not completely because I'm not that patient) I started to trim off the extra fabric. It may have been easier if I had traced this on the back of the fabric and cut before I glued it down.

Any way this is how mine turned out. It's a little rough in spots but I like it.


16 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Oh I like it too! Looks marvelous.

MadSnapper said...

black and white with a pop of red is my favorite color combo. I like it a lot....I would not have thought of using the plaid, but it works perfectly

Carol said...

How cute! I would never have thought about using the plaid either, but it is cute

Jeanette said...

I love that!!

Kate said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

It is adorable, Ann! Great planning!!!...:)jp

Marg said...

That is just terrific. Well done Ann.

Rose said...

I see nothing rough about it...Love is all we need, Love is all we need...

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love it! I would never have thought this pattern would look good on a love sign, but it is so pretty!

Ann said...

Anni, thanks. I was pleased with how it came out

Carol, I had been digging through scrapbook paper but didn't like what I had then considered just painting it. I was glad I saw the idea for the buffalo plaid.

Marg, thanks

Ginny, If someone would have just suggested it and I hadn't seen it I probably wouldn't have thought it would look good either. The plaid is really big now especially with farmhouse style decorating.

Reeni said...

It turned out great! I love the pop of red on the black and white.

CheerfulMonk said...

I love the plaid! So much so I have a couple of tablecloths with that pattern.

Ann said...

Reeni, thanks. I liked the red too. It sure stands out

CheerfulMonk, I love the plaid too. I saw a tablecloth one time and was going to buy it but convinced myself I didn't really need it. I wish I would have bought it any way

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

WOW - awesome - makes it your own...

Ann said...

Catherine, thanks and yes it sure does.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I like it, you did a great job decorating it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails