Saturday, November 25, 2023

A very nice Thanksgiving

I couldn't have asked for a better day. I already told you I got the day off so sleeping in was my first treat of the day. I always enjoy a leisurely morning instead of having to get up and dressed for work. 
Amanda and Rob came over in the morning so Amanda could start cooking our feast.
The food was delicious and in true Thanksgiving style I ate too much. 
While Amanda cooked the Macy's day parade was on TV.  
Amanda brought a special treat for the day. She got these cute little chocolate turkeys 
Friday I had to go to work but the day went by fast and now I am off for all next week. I decided to use up the rest of my vacation days. I'll use the time to get my house decorated for Christmas and maybe do some shopping and crafting. I have a few Christmas presents yet that I want to make so I'm hoping to get those finished.

14 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day! Sweet of Amanda to do all the cooking. Everything looked so good! Great photos!

DeniseinVA said...

Cute chocolate Turkey too 🦃

MadSnapper said...

YUMMMM and i want a daughter to cook for me, or a son to cook or anyone at all. ha ha.. yay for a week off, wish I were there to go with you. we would have a blast. you had a wonderful TG day and now you are FREE for a week. woo hooo

Sandee said...

I'm happy you had a great Thanksgiving. As it should be.

How wonderful you have a whole week off. Enjoy every minute.

Have a fabulous weekend, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Liz Hinds said...

Looks like a lovely feast and a great way to spend the day. Enjoy your break.

Jeanette said...

Looks like a great Thanksgiving! Enjoy your week off!

Grace said...

Decorating for Christms? Hoo-boy - Can't wait to see those pics!💜

Lori said...

I'm so glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!! I hope you enjoy every single minute of your week off. Have fun and take naps.

happyone said...

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving. How nice that Amanda did the cooking!
Enjoy your week off.

The Happy Whisk said...

Sounds perfect. I love that sleeping in started the day and wow, all next week off. Even better!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like a perfect Thanksgiving day. So glad you enjoyed yourself and now you have a week off. That's awesome! Chocolate turkey is really cute. Have a good time decorating. I've done a little bit but this coming week we have to go babysit the dogs while they go on a Disney cruise in San Diego.

Ida said...

Looks like a really nice day. - It's always wonderful to have help with the meal. Those chocolate turkeys were really cute.

CheerfulMonk said...

Bless Amanda, and I'm so glad you will taking a vacation. I worry about you working so hard! ❤️

Rose said...

So glad you got to enjoy the day instead of cooking...though I used to love it. The past few years I have not...and actually the kids have did a lot of the cooking the past few years.

Related Posts with Thumbnails