Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Another day out with Amanda

Saturday Amanda and I had another fun day. 
First we went out for an early lunch. We went to Perkins. I ordered off the senior citizen menu and still had way more than I could eat. That's OK though, I like leftovers.

Next we went to another high school for their annual Christmas craft show



The only thing I bought there was a bow tie for Gibbs. He'll look real spiffy for Christmas.

 
We went to a second smaller craft show and a lady selling jelly and other stuff asked Amanda if I was her mother. When Amanda said yes she told me you get a free jelly. Then she told us about how her mother in-law had passed away right before the craft show the year before. This year any mother who was with a daughter or I suppose son got a free jelly. It was so nice of her that I bought one for Amanda.
I also bought a gift for Amanda that I told her she needed to forget about till Christmas. We saw this at another show and she really liked it
Lastly I bought a table runner from a retired local teacher. She does beautiful work.All her table runners are reversible

Side note for Grace. The name of the app in yesterdays post was the title. It's the Lumi photo editor.

14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Is this a sock kitten? It is the cutest of it's kind I have ever seen. I would have bought it for sure. Such a nice gift for her! We used to have a Perkins Pancake House, I wonder if this is the same place?

Donna said...

Aww, I know you two had an enjoyable day! How nice of that lady to do that with the jelly! Sweet idea.
Love the cute little bowtie! He'll be more handsome, if that's even possible!
hugs
Donna

MadSnapper said...

daddy had a whole drawer of clip on bowties when I was living at home. they would be perfect for dogs to wear on their collors. love the plaid. that runner is beautiful, i like both sides but would choose the white one first. yay for free jelly for MOM... the cat is adorable.

Barwitzki said...

How nice... craft fairs.
It's so exciting and interesting.
You bought a funny little bow.
And souvenirs for the Christmas season are wonderful anyway.
I see you had a wonderful day together.
This is so beautiful.
A hug for you.
Thanks... that was great.

Lori said...

It sounds like a perfect day! How sweet of the woman to gift free jelly to Moms shopping with their children. I love the bow tie and the table runner. I have one that I bought at a craft show years ago that is also reversible.

Rose said...

That bowtie is just too cute. Does it have a clip or do you just slip the his collar through it? Sounds like you and Amanda had a great day?

Jeanette said...

Such fun to spend a day with your daughter! My daughter and I meet for breakfast at least once a week!

Sandee said...

What a fun day with Amanda. I love that bowtie and I love that table runner. Well done and a free jelly too.

Have a fabulous day and week, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like a great day out. Love the kitten you bought for her and your table runner along with the cute bow tie for Gibbs. I also like the Jelly story. So sweet.

happyone said...

That bow tie is so cute!!
How nice that she was giving out free jellies!! :)

CheerfulMonk said...

What a neat day out! Perkins brings back warm family memories here, and that woman with the jelly was so sweet. ❤️

DeniseinVA said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. Love the bow tie. What a nice thing for that lady to do. Enjoyed all your photos, thanks for sharing your day Anne.

Lin said...

I like the free jelly lady. How sweet was that?! I love real craft shows were people actually make the things they sell. They are getting hard to find.

Ida said...

What a fun day. - Craft shows are so fun to go to. So many creative people.

Related Posts with Thumbnails