Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Keep it simple

I finished another new plaque on my day off.

I started by covering the plaque with book pages and then threw on some green and blues coloring with an assortment of paints, inks and dyes. The flowers are buttons that I cut the back off of and glued to some green jute stems. I hesitated on writing the saying by hand because I always seem to mess up and although I won't point it out I did mess up a couple times here. Not to mention the word simple isn't even straight. 


To make the angel I started by drawing her on paper then I used that as a template to cut out the various pieces from cardstock. The dress and face had fabric glued to the card and then for the face I added inks to the edges a little blush for the cheeks and used a marker to draw her simple eyes and smile. Her hair is made from embroidery floss.
For the wings I covered the cardstock with foil then ran it through my cuddlebug to get the embossed design. Then I painted, dabbed some paint off and added some distress inks for added color. I glued all the pieces together then glued her on to the plaque. Her halo is currently removeable because I have yet to decide if I like it or not.


13 comments:

bichonpawz said...

Looks great Ann! I apologize I haven't been visiting...with going out of town and then coming home to STUFF...wash, groceries, cleaning...etc. I think you can relate!! Hope all's well with you!

crafty cat corner said...

The angel's cheeky face made me smile
Briony
x

Out on the prairie said...

I had someone say to me,"You are and angel." i immediately felt to see if there was a halo and alas none.

Marg said...

That is just terrific. We love the Angel with a great smile. Good job Ann.

MadSnapper said...

i vote leave the halo.. and i like the hand writing and don't see anything at all wrong with the word simple. she is a cute angel, i like the writing behind your writing.

Sandee said...

So cute. I love your work. I really do.

Have a terrific day Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Grace said...

Adorbs! Leave the halo - what's an angel without a halo?

Hootin Anni said...

I like it all!! But, my lord, reading how you made it, it doesn't sound at ALL SIMPLE to me. That was a job of work.

BeadedTail said...

I think it's purrfect! That angel is adorable!

Unknown said...

Your KISS was incomplete. You forgot the stupid part.

Marie said...

simple is adorable. :)

Ida said...

She's so cute and happy looking. I vote to leave the halo too.

marie said...

This is adorable...I just love it!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails