Friday, April 1, 2016

March was mixed media month

My March craft project was to do some mixed media pieces. I made magnets and plaques. I did quite well, completing a total of 18 pieces. There were 13 magnets and 5 plaques. I'm going to break this up in to several posts rather than give it to you all at once.

I'll start off with magnets. Today I'll show you the round and square ones

This was pretty much just playing with paint and layering. After the painting was done then I added assorted things that I found in my stash to decorate. The green one on the top was my least favorite out of these. I liked the way the background looked but I'm not quite sure what I was thinking with the embellishments that I added. I can't say that I "achieved" the best look possible on that one.

Tomorrow I'll show you flowers and hearts

I guess I should have played some kind of April Fools joke on you today but I couldn't come up with anything.

9 comments:

Duni said...

These are awesome, Ann! I love the courage and dream ones :)

Out on the prairie said...

Hate them. Just fooling, happy 4-1

Christine said...

Oh well done! They are super! I love the courage magnet best!

Marg said...

I like all of those, but the Focus one is my favorite. But they are all good. Can't wait to see the rest.

MadSnapper said...

18 is a lot, you are doing good girl... i need the FOCUS one tattooed on my hand so i can see it.. focus is getting harder for me every day.

Sandee said...

So cute and I like the green on just fine.

Have a terrific day Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Grace said...

Round magnets! I like that and actually, I like the green one very much but they are all sooo pretty!

Hootin Anni said...

I see nothing 'wrong' with the green one. In fact, I really like 'em ALL Ann.

Unknown said...

Well, it ain't no April-foolin'. I was actually here. (Yeah?) (Sigh.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails