Sunday, April 3, 2016

The flock

The last of the magnets I made are the birds. Here's the whole flock


I started by painting these then gluing on a layer of tissue paper for texture. After the tissue paper was more paints and inks to add interest. They all have the gold glitter beak and gem eye.

The saying on the blue bird "Always stay humble and kind" is from a song I just heard last week that I loved. It's a Tim McGraw  song entitle Humble and kind. Not only do I love the song but he's easy on the eyes.


10 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Oh yes....easy on the eye he is indeed.
Of course, being these are birds....gotta love 'em. Excellent job of it all Ann.

MadSnapper said...

i like the birds even more than the flowers. the pink and yellow are the ones i like the best.. you done good.. and this is a beautiful song, have not heard it. my mother was the humble and kindest person i have ever known, wish i were like her instead of daddy

Out on the prairie said...

i really like the shape of these.

WE said...

I'm amazed with your creativity with simple stuffs. Keep going...

Jeanette said...

Very cute, Ann!

Sandee said...

Love the birds. So cute.

Tim McGraw is very easy on the eyes. Thank you.

Have a fabulous day my friend. Big hug to you and tons of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Lin said...

I want a bird that says "When in doubt, sing LOUD!"

Grace said...

I really like that plaid wing and you went all sentimental on the sayings. I guess some folks like those...

BeadedTail said...

Love the birds and I looked back at your hearts and flowers too. Love, love, love them all! Oh yeah, he's easy on the eyes alright! :)

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

cute birdies... and they make cute little magnets too. Do people still collect magnets? I've cleared most of the magnets off my fridge. I kept one its a black and white head shot of Johnny Depp...speaking of easy on the eyes. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails