Friday, April 8, 2016

My personal favorite

The 5th and final plaque happens to be my personal favorite. This isn't my own idea. I saw this on Debbie Doo's.  I fell in love with her scrap wood twine mason jar art.

Since I had a smaller piece of wood to work with the silk flowers that I had were all too big. When I received a belated birthday bag of goodies from my friend Debbie I found a package of little flowers that were perfect. Some wire for the stems and some greenery picked off of silk flowers I had and I was good to go.


I realized after I glued in the spanish moss that I had forgotten to add the ric rac that she had used in hers. I decided I liked it without it though.  I have another one of these started and I'm not sure if I'll use the same flowers or if I'll make yo yo flowers for it.

Getting the look for the background was pretty easy. I started by painting the whole thing with a tan colored paint. Then I randomly painted spots of blue and red. When that was dry I painted white over the whole thing. Again after drying I sanded to reveal some of the different colors under the white. I finished it off with some distress stains around the edges

I didn't think this one needed any words. It looked good just the way it was

15 comments:

Duni said...

Fantastic! Using twine to create a mason jar is a brilliant idea!

Christine said...

You saved the best til last! I love this one & I'm sure yo yo flowers would be great to use also!

MadSnapper said...

i love love love this one and it is my favorite to. the jar actually looks like a glass jar, i can see the glass. the flowers are perfect. and minus the words is a good choice. it is perfect like it is.

Out on the prairie said...

I love this one, it looks like weathered barn wood.The jute jar is amazing.

Grace said...

Not this is fabulous - no words needed.

peggy said...

I love it Ann. I want to make one too.

Jeanette said...

Oo! Yes I love that one!

Sandee said...

Wow, this is adorable and then some. I love it and I can see why it's your favorite.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Marg said...

That is really nice. We like that one the best too. Well done.

Marie said...

so pretty! hope you enjoy your weekend!
hugs,
Marie

Connie said...

This is so pretty . . . adorable :)

Anni said...

It's beautiful Ann!! Perfect in every way.

Ida said...

Sorry I haven't been by lately. - Just looked at all the different plaques and this one is my favorite too.

Reeni said...

Very CUTE!! I love the last two you posted too!

BeadedTail said...

Oh my Cod! I LOVE this one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails