Thursday, April 7, 2016

Pour me a cup

The inspiration for today's plaque came from something I saw while browsing Pinterest. When I went in search of the picture so I could give you the source I couldn't find it. Any way, after seeing this picture I pulled out a book page and roughly drew a coffee cup. Then I went over the pencil marks with a black sharpie and finished it by coloring it with colored pencils.

I painted the plaque brown then sanded the edges to reveal some of the bare wood. I glued on two different scrapbook papers for the background then glued on my cup and words that I had printed from my computer. The steam coming off the cup is a piece of wire. I can't remember if the source picture used wire or if that just had the steam drawn in that shape..

Tomorrow you get the 5th and final plaque. After that I'm in trouble cuz I have no idea what else to blog about. Guess I better start getting crafty again

13 comments:

Duni said...

Love it!! The cup with heart is so cute!

crafty cat corner said...

Such good advice, that's the trouble with life now, there's so much out there to distract you that sometimes there is too much going on.
Briony
x

MadSnapper said...

remember the bags and no bags for a post.. my favorite part of this one is the steam. it is like the key, just jumps out of the photo at me... i like the writing on the cup to.

Marg said...

That is one terrific plaque. Well done. WE really like the way you did that. Ann, you have a great day.

Grace said...

Oh I like this - and the edging on most of the words helps them look more integrated.

Sandee said...

I love this Ann. You're so talented.

You know you could have Gibbs give us an update on what he's doing. I always enjoy those posts.

Have a terrific day. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Donna said...

Very nice!! You always come up with something! No worries...
hughugs

Christine said...

The wire coming from the cup as steam is the cleverest touch! Brilliant!

Connie said...

Hi Ann, I love this . . . you get more artistic with each project. I love everything about this and the added wire is the cherry on top. Great work!!!
Have a lovely weekend.
Connie :)

Out on the prairie said...

It was so windy and cold this morning I thought of filling my pockets with coffee just to stay warm.

Lin said...

What's Gibbs up to these days?? Is he being a good boy?

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

I am always impressed with your creativity and imagination in your projects! Love this plaque!

Marie said...

If I saw this in a store I would buy it for my kitchen! so cute and true. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails