Wednesday, March 27, 2019

What did I do

So what did I do those 4 days I was off and not blogging? Not a whole lot. 

Friday I had planned on going out and doing some shopping. I haven't done that in a long time so I thought I would go to Erie, walk the mall, the craft stores and a maybe hit a few other places to walk around. I got up started out leisurely with coffee and then about 8 I got dressed. I went downstairs and was going to head out when I saw that it was snowing out. YUCK. Now I didn't want to go. I waited. About noonish I decided to go. I hit the highway and my low tire pressure light came on again. No biggie, get off at the next exit and put some air in the tires. When I did I found a little piece of metal sticking out of the side of my back tire. I was too chicken to push my luck so I headed home. Talked to Amanda and told her what happened so her and Rob came to look at the tire. He pulls the little piece of metal right out and says just something you picked up, no big deal. REALLY!!!

Saturday I picked Amanda up at work then we went to Walmart and lunch. Later that day Amanda, Rob, Brad, Brit and this little cutie
came over to celebrate my birthday. Sorry but no good pictures of her. My cell phone isn't taking very good pictures and she was a busy little baby.

Sunday I finally had my window shopping day then it was home to lounge around doing nothing.

Monday, the final day, I cleaned up the kitchen, repotted a plant that needed taken care of and paid some bills. 

That about sums up my long weekend. Oh but I live an exciting life.

25 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Goodness, so good that your tire was not actually punctured! Presely looks cute, does she have red hair now?

CheerfulMonk said...

It sounds very peaceful, and that can be better than exciting sometimes.

Hootin Anni said...

Sounds like an okay weekend by me! I hate that when the temp drops & the low air pressure light comes on. Anybody with common sense knows that air compresses in cold...the computers on cars can be a pain.

She's so cute!

Kate said...

Sounds like a good weekend to me. ^^ It's so nice to celebrate your birthday with your family - sadly, we haven't celebrated anything with our children or grandchildren for many years.

MadSnapper said...

Presley is growing up fast and so cute.. 4 days off you do what you want when you want and you did that. your life is about like mine. a big day out looking at things I don't buy. woo hoo...

Rose said...

Peaceful is good! There is some excitement that we can do without. But I do know what you mean. Nut seeing the kids is always good...

Sandee said...

Winter won't give up will it. It's cold here and is supposed to rain. Oh well, it is what it is.

Glad you had a good long four day weekend.

Just so you know, I'm 10 years older than you.

Have a fabulous day and week, Ann. Big hug to you and tons of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Grace said...

Friday was a bit of a bummer but...the rest of the long weekend sounds nice. And a family birthday party - couldn't be better!

Annsterw said...

My tire pressure light comes on all the time! Especially when the temperature changes happen constantly like now. Glad you got it checked since it did have metal in it though! Annster's Domain

Out on the prairie said...

that baby is growing fast, glad you didn't get a flat

Ann said...

I know, I didn't want to have to buy a new tire.
Yes Presley's hair is red

Ann said...

Peaceful is my favorite way to spend the day

Ann said...

The first couple times the light came on it kind of stressed me out, now I'm used to it and yes, a real pain

Ann said...

Aww, sorry to hear that. There were quite a few years there where I never heard from my son so it's nice to have him back

Ann said...

Nope, it sure won't. Now we're expecting rain, looks like 3 days of it. Muddy floors here we come

Ann said...

Even with Friday, it was still a nice 4 days. A bad day at home is better than a good day at work...lol

Ann said...

It really is a pain in the butt. Sometimes I hate these vehicles with all their warning lights

Ann said...

She sure is and yes, me too

Reeni said...

So glad you had some time off and your family over for your birthday! I would of done the same thing if I saw metal sticking out of my tire!

Pam said...

Was it restful? Did you enjoy your family time? Did you enjoy your alone time? If any of these answers are yes, then taking that time was good for you. Welcome back.

Terra said...

I love and cherish peaceful days. That is good your tire is ok.

Ann said...

Yes, it was nice having them here.
I get a bit paranoid about getting too far away from home when I find stuff like that

Ann said...

Yes, yes, and yes to all of the above.

Ann said...

Me too.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sorry about the snow and the tire. Sounds like a good 4 days.

Related Posts with Thumbnails