Wednesday, October 30, 2019

I was on a roll

Monday I was on a roll with the crafting. After I did the two decorations I showed you yesterday I made a couple more ornaments.

Grace commented the other day on these about different colored glitter. I pulled out some gold. I also had a small tube of blue that I didn't think would be enough so I mixed it with a little bit of silver glitter.

Here's all three of them together. This time around I increased the size of the wording a little and I think I like that better. I also thought a nativity scene would look nice on the blue. I probably could have made that one just a little bigger too.



Another thing I'm thinking of doing is covering the edge of the grey lid on the bottom with some ribbon. I'm not real crazy about the gray.


I'm really liking the look of the blue. I think I'm going to have to pick up some more blue glitter. After I stuck the vinyl down on this one I realized I had it bit crooked. It seems no matter how hard I try to get things straight I always end up with it a bit wonky. Maybe I should call myself the wonky crafter.

I also have some small round clear plastic ornaments and I think I'll glitter some of those and maybe add either a name or a single word like JOY or NOEL

I love it when the crafting bug hits me.

26 comments:

Grace said...

Love the gold! With the darker glitter, like the blue, how would a white vinyl decoration look?

Ginny Hartzler said...

These are gorgeous! And this kind of glitter is so much more elegant than the regular kind. I cannot pick a favorite,I love them all.

Pink Rose said...

Oh wow Ann these are adorable,beautiful work my friend xx

Hootin Anni said...

Nice! For yourself buy some pine garland, hang these ornaments with candles & trim your home for the holidays!

MadSnapper said...

the bug has bitten you, craft on. my favorite is the blue and I agree the larger words are better and that ribbon would be perfect on the lids.

Sandee said...

Beautiful, Ann. These are really beautiful.

Have a fabulous day. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Jeanette said...

I love those! I have been itching to do some Christmas crafts. I have a ton of Christmas cards that I've saved over the years and I have been checking Pinterest for ideas of what to do with them! They are too pretty to throw away!

Rose said...

I LOVE these...the blue is my favorite. Even with the wonkiness...which I would not have noticed if you had not mentioned it.

BeadedTail said...

These are super cute! I like the blue but they all look great! I need to get bit by that crafty bug over here.

crafty cat corner said...

they are lovely, what are the little jars/
Briony
x

Ann said...

I like the gold too. I know the white does look nice on darker colors. I'll give that a try on the next set I make

Ann said...

Thank you. The glitter is really quite nice

Ann said...

Thank you so much. I am having fun making them

Ann said...

That sounds like a nice idea. I'll have to shop for pine garland. I have some but it's getting rather old and shabby

Ann said...

It sure has. I think it's because I really do enjoy making Christmas crafts.

Ann said...

Thank you

Ann said...

Doing the Christmas crafts has really got me going. My crafting has been a bit sluggish this year so I'm having a lot of fun

Ann said...

Thank you. I'm happy that I'm finally in the mood again to make things.

Ann said...

Thank you. The little jars are a plastic ornament that I bought at the dollar store They come clear so that you can decorate them however you want

Pam said...

I too love it when the craft bug hits me, but I think at this point, it needs to hit me hard! I need the paint bug to hit me and soon. If I don't get in the mood then there will be NO card this yr. Keep on keeping on....those look amazing.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Wow, these are really nice. I like the blue one the best. I am crocheting snowflakes and angels. ;-) Happy Crafting ~ FlowerLady

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

no, no, no, you've the unique with style and creative crafter...they look fabulous

Ann said...

I so enjoy doing things like this and I hate when I feel like I want to but can't get myself to do anything

Ann said...

Well thank you

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love them so much. I agree, the nativity with the blue is stunning.

CheerfulMonk said...

They are all gorgeous, but for some reason I especially love the nativity scene. I'm so glad you are having fun doing them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails