Thursday, October 24, 2019

Just chatting

So after yesterdays post I see that maybe my hearing aids don't work as well as I thought they did. Even with all of you hearing UN instead of ON I still hear it that way. I guess I just have it stuck in my brain that that's what she's saying. Oh well.

So Tuesday night It's the great pumpkin Charlie Brown was on. I haven't seen it in ages so I thought I would watch it. It came on at 8:00. I think I saw maybe 5 or 10 minutes of it and then I woke up at 9:15.  Oh well, maybe next year.


I got to work yesterday and found another cake order hanging. This one is for Friday. It's quite different and you can imagine the conversation that it started among us at work.
The order is for a 1/2 sheet cake. They wanted it frosted all in orange with an American flag and a Confederate flag crossed undereath the writing which is to say "Meeting of the clan"  Hopefully I'll remember to take a picture of it when I'm done.


13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh gosh, surely this is not for the Ku Klux Clan!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Ann ,I haven't seen Charlie Brown show in a long time,oh well you must've needed the nap.
Oh this cake sounds interesting,hope you remember to take a pic xx

Hootin Anni said...

...at least it's clan with a "c"

Ann said...

I talked to her and she said it's because they are having relatives visiting from Georgia and that's why meeting of the clan.

Ann said...

My daughter loves the show and has all the Charlie Brown specials on dvd.

Ann said...

I know. I said I wonder what she would do if I spelled it with a K

Grace said...

I wonder if they know there are 2 confederate flags - the one most people recognize is the battle flag - Oh well, I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. I've never seen a Charlie Brown cartoon - love the strip, never been interested in cartoons or anything animated.

Sandee said...

I hope you take a picture of the cake when you're done. I'd like to see that.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I almost watched the Charlie Brown special but decided not to but I did tape the Toy Story one even though I've seen it before. WOW! Yes you definitely need to take a picture.

Lin said...

Yikes. I'm sure your mind can go all over the place with an order like that. Poor choice of words chosen by the customer...or was it intentional???

Ann said...

Not sure if they know that about the flag or not. Maybe I should ask her which one she wants.
I can remember all the Charlie Brown specials coming on when I was little. It was a big treat because we got to stay up later than usual to watch them.

Ann said...

I will try and remember to get a picture

Ann said...

That's for sure. We all thought the same thing though when we read the order. The girl that took the order said that the customer was all proud of coming up with all this for the cake and she just thought it was such a great idea. Not sure if she meant for it to sound like a cake for a KKK meeting or not

Related Posts with Thumbnails