Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Monday craft time

Recently Amanda and I had gone to a craft show and saw some Christmas decorations we liked. I didn't like the price on them though and figured they would be easy to make. We made a trip to Dollar Tree and I picked up some extra large plastic ornaments and some holiday floral picks. Then there was a stop at Walmart for some fabric. We each chose a fat quarter in a fabric we liked. I thought this was going to be a mother daughter type project but as it turned out Amanda had a different plan. Can you guess that her plan was for me to make them both?

I didn't take any pictures of the materials before I started but here is the one I made for myself.


I started by wrapping the fabric around the ornament and gathering it at the top then securing it with a rubber band. Then I trimmed down the fabric at the top. I used jute twine to wrap it a little tighter and cover the rubber band. I took the floral pick apart and started hot gluing the pieces around the top of the ornament then finished it off with a jute bow.


Once I finished mine then I did a second one with the fabric and floral pick that Amanda chose for hers. Here are the two of them together.

19 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

They are so pretty, and easy! But I have no talent at all with matching things. Still, I would like to try one, your instructions are so good!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Ann wow these are both so pretty,you are very clever my friend xx

Hootin Anni said...

Oh these are truly well done. They'd be perfect for a country themed Christmas!

MadSnapper said...

great job and I am sure you saved a lot of money by making them... I like both fabrics, am leaning a little towards the plaid. Plaid is IN right now, I have seen male and female clothing in plaids from shirts to suits to dresses and leggings. good job on both of these.

Rose said...

I love both of them, but am especially drawn to the checked cause it makes me think flannel.

Sandee said...

They are most cute. I love them both. What a fun way to decorate your tree with your homemade decorations. Beautiful.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Connie said...

Ann, these are sew pretty . . . you make some of the loveliest things.
Thanks for sharing :)

NanaDiana said...

I absolutely LOVE these! I may just steal that idea and use it myself. xo Diana

Ann said...

Matching things has never been very easy for me. If I have to choose more than one paper or fabric it takes me forever to decide. If you make one I would love to see it, be sure to post on your blog

Ann said...

Thank you. Some projects like this are very easy to dupicate.

Ann said...

Thank you. I think I want to make two more for myself with the same red and black plaid. I just love that look

Ann said...

Thanks. These are a bit too big for the tree and I haven't quite figured out where I'll hang it but I'll think of something

Reeni said...

Beautiful! I am loving all your homemade ornaments!

CheerfulMonk said...

They are both pretty, but I like the plaid one best. It seems warm and friendly --- and it's cold here now! :D

Ann said...

Thank you. I've been having so much fun making them. It feels good to be back in the crafting again.

Ann said...

That is my favorite too. I just love the red and black.
It's going to be cold here this weekend. We're expecting snow and very high winds.

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

Amanda is an "enabler" but they are both absolutely stunning...

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love that idea, they came out so cute.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

There isn't much you can't make and these ornaments are just another great craft. I really love the buffalo check with the embellishments and natural twine bow!

Related Posts with Thumbnails