Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Remember when I was doing index card art?

The repost for today and tomorrow are a look back at those.


November comes
      And November goes,
      With the last red berries
      And the first white snows.
With night coming early,
      And dawn coming late,
      And ice in the bucket
      And frost by the gate.
The fires burn
      And the kettles sing,
      And earth sinks to rest
      Until next spring.
~Elizabeth Coatsworth (1893–1986)


Now that we've moved into November that means it's time to move on to a new theme for the index cards. While I'll still be doing snarky from time to time I think that you'll be seeing quite a few with quotes and sayings relating to Thanksgiving.


Even though I have to work today I guess I am thankful and grateful that I got to sleep in an extra hour

14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I had forgotten about this beautiful old classic!

Hootin Anni said...

Cool.

Rose said...

I love that poemm..and though I dont have to go to a job every day. I would love to.have just one morning I did not have to get up.

Kate said...

I like the poem, Ann - it's a new one to me.

Martha said...

Love it! :)

MadSnapper said...

Yes I do remember when you were doing the index card art and I was always jealous because if I did an index cars that would not be art for sure

Sandee said...

I remember, Ann. I've been visiting you for many years.

Have a fabulous day. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Lin said...

I like that poem. I actually like the time when the earth rests...and all my goofy neighbors are quietly tucked inside their houses.

CheerfulMonk said...

I agree with the poem, I love the peacefulness of winter. But that's because I don't have to get up in the middle of the night and go out in it! I also love your cards.

Forsythia said...

I didn't know you when you were doing index card art, but I'm liking what I'm seeing now.

Pam said...

Nice poem. Love the card.

peggy said...

I loved your index card art, so much I made a private clipboard on Clipix for them.
They were just so much fun, so I am really pleased to get new ones, even the snarky ones.

LORI HIRST said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love the poem.

Related Posts with Thumbnails