Thursday, February 10, 2022

Ann line one please

I heard that page so many times yesterday that I was ready to change my name. There were the typical calls for milk order, lottery order, one from the bank regarding a discrepancy in our deposit. Then there was the call from the state trooper regarding a stolen vehicle that was recovered in our parking lot a few weeks ago. He wanted a copy of the tape from our security cameras. Unfortunately the boss had left for the day so I could only take a message. 

Then there was the strange. First was the call regarding our listing on google maps. The girl kept saying she needed to update our information because not everything for our business was showing. She went on to say that if the information wasn't updated then it wouldn't show certain things such as when our store is open. I told her to send him something in the mail. She tried explaining something else and I told her that I had seen our listing on google maps before and it looked just fine.

Next strange call, when I answered the phone a girl with a heavy accent said "we would like to purchase your used cooking equipment" I told her we didn't have any cooking equipment for sale. She asked if we were a restaurant and I said no, a grocery store. 

Now I can't help wondering if our google maps information was all up to date if this last caller would have known we weren't a restaurant. Thankfully today I won't have to take all the phone calls. It can be someone elses headache today.

14 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

Hurray for that! ❤️

Hootin Anni said...

I was never good at public relations being that I have a short temper, stress!!

MadSnapper said...

your day sounds like living hell with all those calls, I was a team leader over 21 people who answered calls all day, an HR Call Center. If my phone rang it was one of the team transferring a problem. we did not have a speaker to announce, it just rang which meant OH NO. when the other 9 10's of 21 had a team leader out, they assigned me to take calls because I was good at keeping the clients happy. on those days it was just like your day.. How old do you have to be to retire? mine was 62 or 65. yours is probably older than that

MadSnapper said...

forgot to say, you can update your info by going to google map and there is a thingy that says add or update info... I have seen them

Sandi said...

That google maps call sounds suspicious.

Rose said...

Is it like that every day? I hope not. I must say you sure hot a wide variety.

CrystalChick said...

Strange calls added to the usual calls... too much! Hope it's not like that too often.

Jeanette said...

I used to get some strange calls when I worked at the hospital too! My favorite was when there was a scan call and I would just put them on hold and leave them!

The Feminine Energy said...

Oh lordy, Ann!!!! I chuckled as I read this blog entry but I *know* all those calls must have been frustrating as h*ll. You have the patience of a saint, girl. I, on the other hand, have the patience of a demon... so I'm afraid I would have hung-up on most of those folks... or simply not answered the page. I probably would have gotten fired as a result. I think I'd have more patience standing in a bean line, in silence. ~Andrea xoxo

Sandee said...

I used to go to work before office hours to avoid the phone. That phone can suck up your time very quickly.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

DeniseinVA said...

Did that give you a headache? I'm glad you are having a break today, always well deserved.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Now that was a busy day with some odd phone calls.

betty said...

Oh gosh! I hate answering phones at work. Thankful my last several jobs didn't include that. I feel for you especially since I am sure you had other duties you had to be getting done. I did chuckle about the one wanting to buy the used equipment.

Betty

Donna said...

Before I retired (2017?) I was the sole bookkeeper at our location (we have 2). The staff knew to not let me answer the phones..., :0(
Lolol...
hughugs
Donna

Related Posts with Thumbnails