Saturday, February 5, 2022

So happy it's Saturday

 I'm pretty sure that the majority of the day will be spent....


We got hit again with snow Thursday night. When I woke up Friday morning my first indication that it was going to be a rough day was when I went to open the door to let Gibbs out. I was pushing snow with the door and he didn't want to go out.
I got dressed for work, sat and drank a cup of coffee then headed outside to see how bad it was. The bottom of the driveway was way too full and I knew if I tried to drive through it I would get stuck. I pulled on my boots, bundled up and walked to work. It's only about a half mile so it's not that bad of a walk. Walking sounded like a much better plan than shoveling.
Fast forward through my morning and I was almost done with all my baking for the day when the oven decided that it was not going to work any more. I put in a call to the guy who takes care of fixing that stuff . He was supposed to stop by Friday night to look at it. As of right now I don't know what it's status is. I could be a baker without an oven.
At the end of the day, I bundled back up and walked back home. It's always a much less pleasant walk. By then I'm tired and it's up hill. It's not a steep incline but it's enough to make a difference. 
At least when I got home the driveway had been plowed. I still need to go out and do a little shoveling because the car was in the driveway so they couldn't plow all the way up.
I really do hate winter.

15 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

I love that graphic, but I'm sorry winter is such a pain. 🙁

Hootin Anni said...

You and me both!!! Winter is the pits...and I don't have to go out in it. Still, a dreadful season.

Donna said...

I use to own a 4 wheel drive Jeep… absolutely loved it. Had it almost 10 years. I could go when others were stranded on the side of the road…It’s the only decade that bad Winters didn’t bother me.
A half mile? I bet that’s come in handy several times throughout the years!
Stay warm!
Hughugs
Donna

MadSnapper said...

knowing you can walk to work if the snow snows or if the car doesn't start is a good thing. walking home after standing on your feet all day and putting up with deli issues is not a good thing. hope the oven is working now or there will be lots of fussin goin on at the counter today. good luck

Rose said...

What a way to start the day! I hope today is better.

Martha said...

I hope you will spend the whole day relaxing, you deserve it!

The Feminine Energy said...

The walk TO work sounds heavenly but I'll bet the walk back home again IS a chore, after working all day & being tired. I look forward though, to moving back into town where I can walk places too. Hang in there, Ann... spring is right around the corner. ~Andrea xoxo

Jeanette said...

I really hate winter too! Especially during Jan and Feb! Spring is coming sooner than later, though!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

So glad you walked. Even if coming home, was a *bitch*!!!!!

Enjoy Sat. and Sun.

Gentle hugs

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope you have a more restful weekend! Hugs!

Connie said...

Bless your heart, I do hope that your winter weather at least stops sending you more snow. You shouldn't have to walk to work and especially have to walk home. Is it dark when you walk home? Do be careful my friend . . . spring is on the way.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Way to go on walking to and from work. So sorry about your oven. That has to really mess things up for you. Glad your driveway was plowed.

betty said...

Gosh, I never thought what would happen if the oven wasn't working for a bakery! That could cause a bit of problems for sure! I have to agree with you. Walking to work would be fine but coming home after a long day and then having to go uphill would not be fun at all. It does get tiresome with winter and the snow and having to shovel it, drive in it, deal with it.

betty

Carol said...

You should spend the day relaxing! Many young people need to see how dedicated you are to your job that you walked in the snow to work. Most won't even drive in the snow to get to work these days.

DeniseinVA said...

Oh wow, roll on Spring! You deserve a medal!

Related Posts with Thumbnails